𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

Five's pov

I felt my feet touch the floor as the blue light that surrounded me and Hazel dispersed. I looked around me, and again, didn't recognize the street.

_"Okay...what the hell was that?"

_"The end of the world, November 25, 1963"-Hazel answered, seeming unbothered, which was weird to me since we just saw hell breaking loose. But, I should,  indeed, be used to it too at this point.

_"63...You know, Hazel, I'm no history buff, but I don't recall there being a nuclear holocaust."-I looked around again, feeling a bit paranoid.

_"No shit."

_"What about my family?"-I looked up at him again, already knowing his answer.

_"Dead, like everyone else."

_"...And Y/n?"-I asked, as I had noticed the fact that she was the only one who wasn't fighting at the war.

_"I just said everyone died."-He furrowed his brows, while I rolled my eyes.

_"I get that, but where was she? She wasn't with my family."

_"The others didn't find her. So you might wanna add that to your bucket list."-I got confused at that. Didn't find her? She didn't come with us, then? No, that was impossible. I made sure to hold her hand as tightly as I could.

_"Okay...and where am I now?"

_"Dallas. Same street. Ten days earlier. Plenty of time to restore the timeline and save them."-Hazel sat at a bench in front of us. I paced nervously before doing the same and sitting by his side.

_"So where do we start?"

_"We? You're on your own, pal. I'm just here to keep a promise to Agnes."-His unbothered and sad expression made sense to me now.

_"Is she..?"

_"Dead?

_"Yeah."

_"Cancer. Took her quick. But we had 20 good years together. I guess forever just wasn't in the cards."-I felt bad for the man. I mean, it had been just a day ago that I saw him so happy that the apocalypse was over and he could spend his life with Agnes. Y/n even called them cute...

_"I'm sorry, Hazel."-We fell into a silence for a few seconds. I didn't want to change the subject to quickly, I think it would be a bit too heartless, even for me.

_"What about the commission?"-I finally asked, turning to look at him again.

_"I quit those assholes, remember? I don't owe 'em a fuzz of my peaches."-I sighed, and looked ahead of me. Three blonde extremely suspicious men were walking in our direction, with their hands behind their back.

_"Well then, who the hell are those guys?"- I got up from the bench, as the man took their hands off of their backs, showing the guns they carried.

_"Shit, run!"-Hazel screamed and shoved his briefcase onto my arms. I spatial jumped behind a car just as he got shot multiple times, pedestrians starting to run and scream.

I looked down at the briefcase I held, to see it smoking and crackling with energy as it had multiple bullet holes on it.

_"How many times did I say 'bulletproof briefcases'?"-I mumbled to myself, and looked over the car hood to see where the men were. However, one of them spotted me, and immediately started firing his gun at the car, the others joining him right after.

I let go of the briefcase, and spatial jumped again to the top of the building in front of me, laying down so they couldn't see me. I was out of breath, but tried to be as quiet as possible until the men were gone.