𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

First person pov

Five and I were back at the academy, looking for Klaus as I suggested. I went to the second floor as soon as I arrived, telling Five to look in the first one.

I noticed the bloody footsteps in the corridor, that went from the bathroom to Klaus's room. The door was slightly open, and I could see the man putting a shirt on, which made me sigh in relief.

_"Hey Klaus."

_"Oh...Hi, little Y/n."- He said in an unusual tone for who he usually was. He sounded too tired, in all senses.

_"Are you okay? You don't seem so good."- I looked at him up and down, and got closer.

_"Yeah, just...I'm a bit tired, that's all."

_"Are you sure? Can I do something to help you?"

Klaus smiled sadly at my worried face, and proceeded to pat me in the head. I normally wouldn't like being treated like that, but it wasn't the time.

_"I'm afraid not, baby sis..."

I heard a knock on the door, and looked back to see Five on it. Klaus took his hand off of my head.

_"You okay?"

_"Hey. Yeah, I just...Long night."

_"More than one for the looks of it."

_"Yep."

_"I don't remember the dog tags."

I looked to Klaus's collar, and saw a name written on it that I didn't recognize.

_"Yeah, they belonged to a friend."

_"How about that new tattoo?"

_"You know, I don't totally remember even getting it. Like I said, it was a long night."

_"You did it, didn't you?"- Five said, putting his hands on his pockets and looking at Klaus accusingly.

_"What are you talking about?"

_"You know, I can recognize the symptoms, Klaus."

_"Symptoms of what?"

_"The jet lag...full body itch. Headache that feels like someone shoved a box of cotton up into your nose and through your brain."

_"Five, what are you talking about? "- I asked, interrupting the boy.

_"He time traveled, Y/n. Wanna tell be about it, Klaus?"

Klaus sat down in his bed, sighing tiredly. Whatever happened when he time traveled must've been pretty bad to leave him in this state.

_"Your pals, when they broke into the house and they couldn't find you, they took me hostage instead.

_"And in return, you stole their briefcase."

_"Yeah. I thought there was money in it, or I could pawn it, you know, whatever. And then I opened it..."

_"And the next thing you knew you were...where? Or...should I say when?"

_"What difference does it make?"

_"What diff- uh--...Okay, how long were you gone?"

_"Almost a year."

_"A year?...Do you know what this means?"

_"Yeah. I'm the months older now."

_"No, this isn't any sort of joke, Klaus. Hazel and Cha-Cha will do whatever they can to get the briefcase. Where is it now?"