Chapter 03

"You're always on my mind so, felt good but now I feel bad."
Too Much - ZAYN

Three gruelling hours later, we finally walk out of a nearby mall, masks secured in bags. The sun is setting over the sky high buildings as we saunter down the busy streets, laughing and talking away. The mall we went to was just a few blocks away from college, so we'd decided to walk to and fro.

When we pour into our house, I make a beeline to the fridge to grab a bottle of water, parched from our shopping trip. Naya strides over to me, grabbing my wrist and leading me towards the stairs, Chloe following closely behind.

"Whoa!" I exclaim, because I almost spill the icy water all over myself. "Where are we going?"

"To get ready, duh." Naya says as we walk up the stairs, beelining to my room.

"But it's still like, 6:30?" I question, as I dump my bags at the foot of my bed, kicking off my shoes.

"It's a masquerade party, we need a little extra time." Chloe shrugs.

"Okay, so shower and meet at Chloe's room with clothes and shoes?" Naya says, throwing her hair up into a bun. "Chloe has all the best makeup and the hairstyling stuff." She informs me, and I nod.

"Sure."

After a good shower, I slip into a bathrobe, my raven hair damply hanging on my shoulders as I gather a few party-suited outfits to choose from and walk to Chloe's room next door. Naya is already there, seated at Chloe's vanity, curling her hair. Chloe breezes around the room, looking for something.

"Hey," I greet, plopping down the clothes on Chloe's already messy bed. "I can't decide."

"We'll help." Naya abandons the curling iron and walks over, looking through the clothes with Chloe. My options are a black dress, a purple set that consists of a bralette and skirt, and a halter neck top with high waisted pants.

"Your mask is black, yeah?" Chloe looks at me for confirmation, and I nod.

"The dress. It's cute as hell." Naya says, picking up the dress to get a closer look.

"I agree." Chloe approves.

"Alright," I smile, as Naya passes the dress over to me. "What are you guys wearing?"

Chloe opens her robe, revealing a strapless wine red mini dress with a cheeky V-neck that reaches her navel. The red goes great with her blonde hair, and I nod in approval.

"Smoking." I nudge her with my shoulder, and she laughs, going back to doing her makeup. I turn to Naya, who's holding up her outfit for me to see. It's also a dress, with a sparkly silver material and a halterneck.

"Ooh, I like the sparkle." I say, reaching over to touch the material. "I know a cool trick with silver eyeshadow, I'll try it on you?"

My roommate grins. "Oh my gosh, we'll match. Your dress is glittery too."

I look back at the dress, noticing that the black material is subtly glittering. It's been awhile since I wore it.

Telling Naya I'll get to her makeup soon, I slip into my dress, smoothing out the soft stretchy material over my body as I study myself in the mirror. The dress is quite strappy, the top part designed like a bralette, exposing a good amount of cleavage and my shoulders. Two thin straps interlock against my stomach, attaching the top part and the skirt of the dress together. The thick black glittering material stretches down mid thigh, hugging every inch and curve of my body snugly.

"Fuck. My lesbian ass might just jump you in that dress." Naya gawkes when I turn around to show them my outfit.

I laugh, giving them both a small twirl. "Thank you."