twenty eight

Soobin slept in his room. Again.

Something with Soobin and sleeping in his room made him feel happy, naturally.

But he was trying to forget Soobin. Break off things with him.

Probably when your crush was one of your closest friends, it became extremely difficult to ignore him. And that was the very case with Yeonjun.

When Soobin left the room in the morning, Hyunjin asked how the night had been.

Soobin replied, "Ah, it was tons of fun. Yeonjun and I enjoyed a lot." and he added a wink at the end.

Soobin was going to be the death of Yeonjun.

___________________________________________________

Yeonjun was minding his own business in his room. He was reading a book, something about men turning into mermen when they saw the sea. Absurd, he knew it, but he just had to get his mind off Soobin.

The leader of mermen seated on his throne. A ray of sun hit his face, which made his porcelain skin glow like pearls.

Reminded Yeonjun of Soobin. Tossing the book aside, and groaning in frustration, because everything he seemed to do, reminded him over and over again, that he was trying to forget Soobin.

And to be constantly reminded that...It meant that it was not working.

"Hyunjin." Yeonjun called out, and he hummed looking up at Yeonjun.

"Distract me." Yeonjun said, and he rose an eyebrow. What sort of a demand was that?

"What the hell, dude?" Hyunjin asked, and Yeonjun sighed.

"Why don't you just call Soobin over or something?" Hyunjin teased, and Yeonjun threw the nearest thing at him; a pencil.

"Don't get violent with me." Hyunjin warned. "I'll tell Soobin about your fat crush on him."

"What, are you a five year old?" Yeonjun asked, and sat down next to him.

"I can't seem to think about anything but him. But I'm on a 'Boycott Soobin' mode. I can't interact with him." Yeonjun said.

"Well then, Yeonjun- it's your loss Why don't you man up and tell him already?" Hyunjin asked. "I mean, aren't you two dating anyway?" he said, making inverrted commas in the air with his hands.

"That's the problem." Yeonjun explained. "It's supposed to be make pretend. I'm not supposed to fall for him."

"He probably likes you too...?" Hyunjin suggested, but Yeonjun shook his head. "I don't want to be so optimistic. He obviously doesn't."

"Blind man, lemme help you." Hyunjin sat up straight. "Everytime you see Soobin, you're so concentrated on you being so happy around him, that you forget to notice the fact that he's as happy as you are. The way he is around you, and the way he is around others, I'll be honest, it's different."

"You were, pretty good at hiding your feelings for him. I mean, unless you've told me, I would've never known. But on the other hand, I can literally see the hearts in his eyes when talks to you or when you're around him."

"Does anyone else just barge into our room looking for their boyfriend?" Hyunjin questioned.

"Vanessa does." Yeonjun pointed out, but shut up immediately after looking at Hyunjin's glare.

"That's another thing, Jun" Hyunjin rolled his eyes. "That's because i AM her boyfriend. Coming back to you-" he said. "Soobin isn't really your boyfriend, but he didn't shoo you away either. Like c'mon, be practical, would everyone just assume you to be their boyfriend when you're not?"

"Well, yes" Yeonjun answered. "I am gorgeous. So it makes sense-"

"Shut up." Hyunjin cut him off. "Don't flatter yourself."

"What I'm saying is that-" Hyunjin sat down finally, "-There is a great chance that he likes you back. I obviously can't guarantee stuff, because I'm not Soobin. But from what it seems like, yes, I think he likes you."

"You didn't help at all, Hyunjin." Yeonjun sulked. "I'm still going to ignore Soobin, so I don't fll for him even more."

"Okay," Hyunjin shrugged. "Let's see how long you actually can stay away from him."

"Are you challenging me?" Yeonjun asked.

"Maybe."

"Well, then." Yeonjun put his hand out to shake. "Let's see if I can stay away from Soobin for a week, and forget my feelings about him."

Hyunjin shook his hand. "It's impossible. You love him too much."

_______________________________________________________________