The interior of the house is nice, the living room is an open concept one, a big TV area complete with two couches, and an attached kitchen to the left of the room. A breakfast bar with a few high stools scattered around it to eat meals is there in the kitchen as well, since college kids don't really need dining rooms or tables.

There's a staircase winding upstairs to my right, and across the front door, a few feet away, are a bunch of french doors that lead out into the backyard. It's not extravagant or fancy, nor is it slummy or tight space either. It's perfect. And my roommates clearly aren't the messy type, because it's not messy at all.

"Come on, let's show you around." Chloe smiles, and they give me a tour downstairs first. We go into the backyard, which is surrounded by a short fence. It's empty, other than a few bushes lining up the fence, but there are a few lounge chairs on the back patio, perfect to wind down or read a book.

I was right about the pool in the house next door, and the backyard is as impressive as the front of the house. The glass walls in the back of the house show off a gorgeous kitchen, and there's even a seating lounge and a BBQ machine by the pool.

"Impressive house, huh?" Naya's voice catches my attention. She must've noticed me looking.

"Yeah, it's a gorgeous house. Do NRU students live there?"

"Yeah," Chloe says. "The varsity soccer team lives there. They're a big deal here, so they get all the funds and the sponsors, hence the nice house."

"Chloe here is dating one of them," Naya nudges Chloe teasingly, and the blonde girl blushes. "Oliver. So if you see her sneaking out there in the middle of the night, don't worry."

I chuckle in response, nodding my head in acknowledgement as they lead me back inside.

"What are you studying?" I ask them, secretly hoping I have one of them in my classes.

"Astronomy and physics," Naya responds.

"I'm in fashion and graphic design." Chloe smiles, brushing a dyed strand of hair off her shoulder, and I'm immediately relieved.

"Me too!"

Chloe's brown eyes brighten. "Awesome! We'll have the same classes, it'll be fun."

"If you don't mind me asking," Naya asks before I can respond to Chloe as we start to go up the stairs. "What's your background?"

"I was born here, in Washington." I smile. "But my parents are Sri Lankan, they immigrated here after they got married. We moved to New York when I was fourteen."

"Sri Lankan? That's in South Asia right?" Naya tilts her head at me and I nod.

"Yep." I'm surprised she even knows where Sri Lanka is since the country is mostly overlooked as the tiny island right next to India.

"Ever been there?" Chloe asks me next. The stairs lead directly to a wide hallway, with a huge window at the end of it, illuminating the entire hallway, which has three doors, two on the left, one on the right.

"Yeah, a few times as a kid." I reply with a shrug.

"That's yours and Chloe's rooms, along with a shared bathroom." Naya gestures to the two doors. "I'll show you your room after we check out the third floor."

We head up the stairs curving up to the third and final floor, which is the exact same as the second floor, with two doors on the left side and a single door on the right, with a window at the end of it.

"My bedroom, bathroom and an empty bedroom." Naya flicks her head in that direction and I nod in acknowledgement.

"Did someone else used to be here?" I ask as the three of us head back to the second floor again.