Bonus Chapter

Hey guys! This is not your typical chapter. This chapter is a bonus scene that helped me to get out of my writer's block. Writing some short one-shots really helped me get out of my writer's block, and one of those one-shots turned into a little Rachel and Annabeth story that fits this book's plot line (plus this friendship is super underrated). Its sort of leads up to the chapter before this, but at camp Half-Blood. I hope you guys enjoy! You can totally skip this if you want, it was just for fun, but if you like cute fluffy comfort one-shots, this chapter is for you.

-Karazorel257

Synopsis: Annabeth is having trouble sleeping due to nightmares from Tartarus and Arachne. Rachel is also suffering horrible nightmares from her Oracle duties. Chiron thinks it would be good for the two of them to room together so they can help each other out.

Annabeths POV

Annabeth tried to sleep. She really did, but Tartarus haunted her dreams. She tried a lot of different sleep remedies, but it was useless. She wanted to sneak over to Percy's cabin when she got scared at night, but of course she was not allowed to do that.

Some nights she woke up screaming, and she felt terrible for waking her siblings and frightening them. Malcolm tried to help her, but it has become a real issue. Some nights she would sneak over to cabin 10 and sleep next to Piper. Annabeth was so thankful that she never complained or even mentioned her random visits when she felt alone. Sometimes Piper would drag her over to the seven's secret Argo 2 base for a girls night watching National Treasure or binge watching Harry Potter movies to get her to sleep.

The worst was waking up thinking her sight was gone again. She'd wake up under her blanket and that horrible feeling of helplessness overcame her. She just didn't feel safe when she slept anymore.

Annabeth had figured Malcolm had told Chiron of her nightmares, but so far he had never approached her about it. But after three weeks of endless bad dreams, Annabeth was desperately searching for something that could help her sleep better. Chiron seemed to notice her distress, and called her into the Big House one day.

"Annabeth, I worry for you and your siblings." He told her. "I want you to get rest and for them to have peace of mind. I have a suggestion for you, and I don't want you to take offense."

"Why would I be offended?" Annabeth asked, surprised. "I always appreciate your advice, Chriron. You're my teacher!"

"Well, I don't know if this is something you would be interested in trying." Chiron looked nervous, his hooves tapped the wood floor.

"I'll honestly try anything at this point." Annabeth crossed her arms and looked to the floor, nervous of her vulnerability.

"I think it would help if we moved you out of cabin 6 for a while, and put you in a quieter place with less campers around." Chiron said.

Annabeth's eyes widened in surprise. She felt frightened enough surrounded by her siblings, but sleeping in a place all by herself? Annabeth did not think that would help her much at all.

"Chiron, you know I respect your advice, but-"

"Do not worry, you won't be alone. I have got a roommate for you! She is having a similar issue as you, and I think you can both help each other." Chiron looked pleased with himself, as if he had just solved two problems at once.

"Oh, umm, okay. Is there an empty cabin or-"

"Nope! I want you to move into the Oracle cave. It will be quiet up there, and Rachel is suffering from nightmares as well, she hardly sleeps at all. I think you two will get along quite well." Chiron said.