Jason gets hit in the head by a brick (it's very funny)

Chaos

Chaos.

It all happened so quickly. I was so wrapped up in my own world that I didn't notice everyone had left the mess hall until the BOOM!

An explosion blasted a new crater in the forum. A burning couch tumbled through the air. Demigods scattered in panic.

I looked up to see the the Argo II launch a second volley. Its port ballista fired a massive spear wreathed in Greek fire, which sailed straight through the broken dome of the Senate House and exploded inside, lighting up the building like a jack-o'-lantern. If anyone had been in there...

Fuck my life.

"Come on." I grabbed Lit's hand and made a break for it. I needed to find my friends.

Chaos was spreading. Crowds were pushing and shoving. Fistfights were breaking out.

"Where are we going?" Lit asked a little panicked. "I don't know."

Several dozen Romans had surrounded Piper and Jason, who were trying to calm them without much luck. Piper's charmspeak was useless against so many screaming, angry demigods. Jason's forehead was bleeding. His purple cloak had been ripped to shreds. He kept pleading, "I'm on your side!" but his orange Camp Half-Blood T-shirt didn't help matters—nor did the warship overhead, firing flaming spears into New Rome. One landed nearby and blasted a toga shop to rubble.

"I'll help them you get that ship under control." Lit had already ran off towards Piper and Jason before I could say it was a bad idea.

Sighing I ran towards the Argo ii dodging flying sandwiches.

I saw two of my 'brothers' try and grab Annabeth so I abandoned my plan to stop the boat and helped my friend.

I punched my brother Derek in the back of the head causing him to crumpled to the ground. Annabeth pushed Kyle into a crowd of legionnaires where he got swept away.

"Percy." Annabeth was breathing heavily so I did the only logical thing. I teleported us into the mess hall.

Don't tell Will, he'll kill me.

The fauns had also taken advantage of the chaos. They swarmed the dining tables, grabbing food, plates, and cups. One trotted by them with his arms full of tacos and an entire pineapple between his teeth.

A statue of Terminus exploded into being, right in front of them. He yelled at me in Latin, calling us liars and a rule breakers; but Annabeth pushed the statue over and kept running.

Finally we spotted Percy. He, Hazel and Frank, were standing in the middle of a fountain as Percy repelled the angry Romans with blasts of water. Percy's toga was in tatters, but he looked unhurt.

Annabeth called to him as another explosion rocked the forum. This time the flash of light was directly overhead. One of the Roman catapults had fired, and the Argo II groaned and tilted sideways, flames bubbling over its bronze-plated hull.