Little Things

Ezra's POV

Thea was driving and she didn't speak one word to me. "Are you-", "Please Ezra" she said to me with her voice low. I knew something happened with Grayson, and I felt sick in my stomach that I wasn't there to protect her.

I knew she didn't need protecting, but I shouldn't have even let him touch her. I didn't know the part he played in her life, but I knew it wasn't good.

We pulled into the driveway, and she got out without saying anything. We went our separate ways. She went to her room and I guess that was our goodnight.

I never wanted to over step my boundaries with Thea, but I still wanted to be there for her. She has helped me through everything, but she struggles with expressing her feelings. I want her to let me in, but I understand she needs space to think right now.

I go into the bathroom and change and get ready for bed. I hear footsteps coming from the bedroom and they get closer. Thea and I are the only ones in the house right now, so I was guessing and slightly hoping it was her.

She came into the frame of the mirror and I saw her eyes red and puffy. She came up behind me and just hugged me.

"I'm sorry" she said in a whimper voice. Why was she sorry she didn't do anything.

I turned around so that she was now hugging my stomach instead of my back.

"You don't have to apologize, love, it is okay." I said to her cupping her face. She winced in pain. I lifted her neck up and that son of a bitch left a mark on her.

I'm going to kill him.

"I'm so sorry Thea." I said to Thea's watery eyes. She put her head down, and fell into my chest. "Can we please go to sleep?"

I lifted her up and brought us to the bed. I took off the extra pillow because that's how she liked it. I laid her down in the middle of the bed because she liked to be able to cuddle me and turn over at the same time. I didn't put the covers over her because she got too hot in the middle of the night, so I just covered her with a light blanket. I slid into my side of the bed and connected my body with her. It was a perfect fit. She laid her head down on my chest and took a deep breath in. I started to scratch up and down her arm because it calmed her down sometimes.

I could tell that she was still crying because of her light shaking and sniffling of her nose. I held her tighter, never wanting to let her go.

"Goodnight, Thea" I said to her while kissing the top of her head.

She couldn't form any words so she just snuggled into my chest letting me know she's there.

______

I woke up to the downpour of rain coming down on my window. I looked beside me and saw that Thea was no longer in my arms. I felt cold without her presence. I looked around and saw that the bathroom door was slightly open.

I started to pay more attention and I heard light crying noises come from the bathroom.

I started to make my way towards the door.

Thea came into view and she was observing her bruises in the mirror.

I'm going to murder him.

Thea met my eyes and I saw pure sadness in them. "Why am I so fucking stupid, and weak." she cried out. "I stayed around for two years while he used me and said that it was all my fault every single day. I decided to go dance with him yesterday, and I guess I never learned my lesson. He was right, these bruises of his markings are my fault. I didn't learn from the past." She said to herself in the mirror.

"Thea, listen, this is not your fault. At all! Grayson did this to you. It never was and never will be your fault. He should never have put his hands on you, you didn't deserve that."

I come closer to her and reach out for her, but then she starts to gag and runs towards the toilet. She starts to throw up and I ran over to grab her hair.

I sat down with her and wiped her mouth with a towel, and got her a cup of water from the sink.

Thea and I made the decision to stay with everyone at the Valerio base, I got my own room and everything, and it was just overall easier. After Thea started to sleep in my room more often she always left things in my bathroom so I just  put together her own drawer for her instead, and I got a ponytail from it so that I could put her hair in the best bun that I could do. 

"I'm sorry, I'm a mess," she said to me. I hated that she kept on saying sorry.

" A couple weeks before you came I was still with him, and it was a really bad before Ana made me stop seeing him. He was really bad for me physically and mentally. I used to come home totally wasted and not even remember anything from that whole day. He used me for sex every second and when I didn't feel good he said I was weak and usually gave a a throat suffocating punishment. My body just became too weak to even do anything, and no one even noticed besides Ana." She said to me leaning against my chest.

"The first couple of days that I was gone from him, I guess I went into shock or something and realized all of the things he did to me, and that was including all of the bruises he left on me. I saw them and I just threw up even thinking of him touching me again. That's what you just witnessed, me going through denial that I even let myself speak to him again." she said to me breathing with a sigh of relief.

I think it felt good to let someone know of her past trauma. "I won't let him hurt you again, Thea." I said to her sternly as I stroked her hair. "I know you won't Angel." She says to me while looking up from my chest. We laid their in silence as I just stroked her hair trying to comfort her.

** I listened to "Wild" by John Legend while writing this part"

"The rain is nice." She said to me while looking out the window. "Yes it is very nice" I said to her. While she was admiring the calming rain, I was observing her beautiful strong self.

"Let's go dance in it," She said with a smile. "Thea it's pouring outside." I said to her with a shocked voice. "Exactly, please Ezra." She said to me with a smile. I couldn't say no. This is the first smile I have seen from her in a while.

"Last one out is a rotten egg." I say to her as I run out of the bathroom. She screams and giggles trying to catch up to me.

I could hear her laughter all day.

We finally make it outside and we are hit with a burst of rain. It feels so refreshing and nice.

I look over to Thea and she is just looking up and soaking in the rain. She looked free. Free of worry. Free of pain.

Her blonde hair was soaked with all of her clothes. She looked over to me and smiled.

She ran over to me and jumped in my arms. I spun her around and locked eyes with her. She kissed me with love and passion.

"Isn't this amazing Ezra." She said to me as she started dancing. I twirled her around in the rain over and over because it caused her to have the biggest smile.

Something that I admired about Thea is that she loved all of the little things in life. She loved the little parts of life.

I twisted her into my chest, "Thea I know that we have a legal obligation to get married, but I wanna ask you a question outside of everything, just you and I." I said to her looking into her eyes. "Okay what's the question?"

"Would you like to be my girlfriend, Thea?" I ask her, anticipating her answer. She smiled and jumped.

She came over to me and started to do those little pecks on my cheek, and neck  that she knew made me ticklish.

"Of course, Angel." she said to me ending her kissing attack.

She started to twirl in the rain again with pure happiness on her face. I went over to her and looked like a little kid dancing in the rain with her, but I loved every second of it.

I wish I could dance in the rain with her forever.

****

Hi loves, thank you for reading another chapter of Thea. Don't forget to leave helpful feedback and vote please.

xox(not edited)