Chapter 9

You both wake up, ravenous, at midnight.

You aren't ready to figure out anything, so you grab the room service menu, and cuddle up while deciding what to order.

In the morning, you wake up to Richard watching you. "Caught you." you say, smiling. He blushes, then kisses you.

"You want me to sneak out of here and back to mine?" He asks.

You shrug. "What's it matter?" You ask. "Everyone thinks- or is going to think- we're doing much worse."

"You don't think we should sneak around then?"

"I just don't care any more." You say.

You realize that it's actually true, and there is something freeing about the fact that the inaccurate details of your private life are about to let out for the world to see.

"Me neither." Richard says.

"Bullshit." You tell him.

"If you don't have to care, why should I?"

"Because a lot more is coming out for you than for me."

There's no denying it. And as an actor, this sort of gossip could be a lot more detrimental to his career than it would be to yours.

He wraps his arms around you, nuzzling your neck and sending chills down your spine.

"You'll be there to help me through, yeah?"

"If that's what you want." You tell him.

He laughs and pulls back to look you in the eye. "Of course that's what I want. Isn't it what you want?" His own eyes are clear and that perfect shade of blue and you want so badly to say "yes" to him. But the truth is, you don't know exactly what you want.

There is no question that you care for him. And it seemed very possible that he cares for you.

But there are parts of Richard you don't understand, things he struggles with that shouldn't be a struggle, and a whole lot of baggage that looked mighty heavy when you combine it with yours.

"Maybe." You tell him.

"Just maybe?" He asks, and you can see the hurt in his eyes.

"Probably." You say, and it's not enough, but you're not a good actress and don't feel like lying any more. If this is going to work out, he's going to have to struggle through it with your doubts.

"I'm going change your mind." He says.

"And how are you planning on doing that?" You ask him, and an evil grin washes over his face as he moves in to kiss you again. His phone rings just as his lips graze yours, and you tell him to get it.

"No. I'm busy."

"There will be time later."

"There's time now."

"It could be work."

"And I'm in charge, so it can wait."

You peck him on the lips.

"So can I."

He turns to the phone and answers it.

Of course it's important and has to be solved before breakfast- which he asks you to join him for while he pulls on his jeans.

You thank him, but decline.

"Why not?" He whines. And he's cute when he whines.

"You're gonna be busy all through breakfast, and I'm not going to eat more than two bites of anything anyways. We'll see each other on set in a few hours."