The Gift OF A Second Child

The Gift of A Second Child

It is 2301 and Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane Howard and her beloved husband, Lord Richard William Howard III are preparing to send their daughter, Lady Karissa Ann to nursery school on Star Base 12.

One day in the distant future she will succeed her mother as the second Duchess of Norfolk Territory.

Lady Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane is only 26 years old and Lord Richard Edward III is only going on 25 years old when she discovers that she is once again pregnant with their second child.

They decided together that they would wait until Lady Karissa turned five years old and they saw her off to nursery school.

At the same time with her Aunt, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard by her side. The two little girls are sent off to the same nursery school.

Lady Elizabeth watches with her mother, Lady Karissa when aunt and niece walk off together with their nanny Barbara.

"I have something to tell you mother and you are the first one I am telling." Lady Elizabeth tells her mother.

"By the excitement in your eyes. It is happy news." Lady Karissa tells her.

"I am pregnant once again, mother and this child is due in May of 2302."

"Congratulations Lady Elizabeth, but don't you think you better tell Lord Richard Edward III and your father too." Lady Karissa asks.

"I will tell them later." Lady Elizabeth says with a laugh.

"Why did father leave Norfolk Territory to me mother?" Lady Elizabeth asks.

"Lady Elizabeth. You are the firstborn of Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR's grandchildren through his eldest son, Lord Charles Andrew JR and through his youngest son, Lord Andrew Charles." Lady Karissa explains.

"What about Lord David William Beck's mother? He is the great-grandson of Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR?" Lady Elizabeth asks.

"Lord David William Beck is descended through the female line of Lord Charles Andrew Howard SR and through his youngest son, Lord Edwin William Howard and his daughter, Lady Eliza Katherine Howard." Lady Karissa states.

"At the time of your great-grandfather passing only male preferred primogeniture was recognized on Star Base 12, but Lord Charles Andrew SR turned the succession into a game whereas the sons of his eldest son who provided him with his first great-grandchild would inherit the Dukedom of Norfolk Territory." Lady Karissa explains.

"Your grandfather looked to his eldest son first and he failed, as did his second son also failed, and he turned to your father, Lord Andrew Charles and he met me and you were conceived in our great passion and love for one another at the time we first met each other." Lady Karissa tells her.

"Per our agreement I married your father only when I found out that you were a daughter and if you had turned out to be a son I wouldn't have married your father. " Lady Karissa explains.

"Your father needed a heir/heiress to clinch the title of Duke of Norfolk Territory and I wanted a daughter I could name Elizabeth Victoria Ann Beltane and when I found out that you were a girl I agreed to marry your father per my agreement." Lady Karissa explains.

"I agreed to bless your father with three other children, but I met Lord Richard William on my wedding day to your father and I asked Lord Richard William to be patient as I had a commitment to your father." Lady Karissa explains.

"The only two of our children born close together were Lady Samhain and you. " Lady Karissa tells her.

"I wasn't in truth expecting to conceive your little sister so soon, but I was happy about it." Lady Karissa tells her.