You turned, it was your mother. She looked like she hadn't slept in years, her hair was going grey. She had also lost weight since you had last seen her.

"Y/n my sweet little angel." She was barely able to walk properly as she was coming towards you.

"Don't talk to me." You said, looking her up and down.

"Pardon?" She seemed hurt, but also so unhinged.

"I see you've finally found your voice after all these years, you were suppose to protect me. You promised you would but you never did!" You shouted at her.

You looked and saw your father was now standing, watching you shout at your mother.

"I did protect you, I got food on your table. I tried my best to be a good mum to you y/n. You left us." She was getting a little frustrated.

"Elves put food on my table, not you. You were a shit mum. You always have been you always will be." She slapped you round the face instantly.

Even after everything that happened in your house, she had never once laid a hand on you.

You left the food and ran up, back to your dark, dismal room. You slammed the door. Someone was close behind you- then saying charms at your door to keep you inside.

You broke down, she was your breaking point. You sat in the corner of the room with your head in your hands weeping uncontrollably.

More than anything in the world, you needed Fred. You need him to hug you, trace his fingers on your back, tell you everything was okay while cupping your face in his hands. But he wasn't here. And if your father had any success of his plans you would never be his again.

You composed yourself and stood up, looking in the mirror next to the window. You could have easily broken down again seeing every mark, bruise and cut that had been planted onto your body- along with the unhealthy weight loss. There was a fresh set of bruises forming around your neck from where your father had attempted to strangle you for disobeying him.

Your attention then shifted out of the window looking out at the moon and shining stars, they were your symbol of freedom. They were so close to see but a fair distance to reach but it wasn't impossible.

You closed the curtains and got under your bedsheets, trying to peacefully fall asleep without the family stress taking over your body.

The next morning was cold, the house felt different. You knocked on your door to be let out of your room, some days you would be let out, and other days you didn't get so lucky.

"Please, I would like to come out." You begged, losing hope.

The door was being unlocked, the handle slowly opening.

"What do you want?" A man asked you.

"I would like to go out into the garden later." You stated.

"I don't think you're allowed." He seemed unsure.

"It's the garden, where exactly can I go?" You sarcastically asked.

"Okay, get ready and I'll be back up in 20 minutes." He said, closing your door again leaving you to get ready.

You had an en suite inside your room, meaning you never needed to leave your room unless it was for dinner.

You got showered and brushed through your hair, being unrecognised by yourself in the mirror.

You only had your old clothes inside your room which were bought to make you look much more appropriate for a well known wizard family. Even though you were a halfblood your father made life good for you in the sense of money and power.