Chapter 0.07

Asriels POV

I could feel myself falling in and out of consciousness for hours. When I was awake, I could hear talking in the darkness. Nothing I could make out in my tired state.

When I finally woke up in a comprehensive state, I found myself alone in a dark and wet place. I sat up rubbing my sore neck. I could neither see or hear anything as I slowly stood up. I wandered around carefully until I found a rough rock wall.

I moved around, following the wall towards were I felt a breeze. I found a large crack in the wall, allowing me to walk through at a snails pace. After a few minutes I could hear faint arguing and see a small amount of light up ahead.

I stuck close to the wall as I approached,  trying to hear what they were saying. "We should just kill him now! There's no point keeping him here!" Shouted a woman's voice. "He could be valuable! He could become an aly!" Yelled a male. "Sure, so we just say, sorry kid, we kidnapped you. Join us so we can start a war between the kingdoms?!" She yelled back.

"Enough," spoke a eerily calm voice. "The poison should have worn off by now. He's awake," he continued. I suddenly felt a rough hand on my shoulder. "Kid's been eavesdropping," said another female as she pushed me forward.

"Child from another world, do you wish to go home?" Asked the calm man. Everyone went silent, waiting for me to reply. They can take me back? I can go home? Do I even want to go? I've had more fun here than I ever did before. I also don't want to see him again.

"I won't go," I answered. I could hear the crazy woman groan as she whispered to the male she was previously arguing with. "You have two other options. Join us, or be sold to the slave traders," spoke the calm man. "What?! Why not kill him?!" Yelled the crazy lady.

She quickly shut up at the glare of their apparent leader as he looked back at me, waiting for my response. I won't join them. I'll find a way out after going into slavery. "I will not join," I said calmly. "Anna? If you would please?" Said the calm leader. I didn't have any time to react before my world went dark once more.

"Wake up runt," said a rough voice as I was kicked in the stomach. I coughed as I tried to breath after the hard kick. "Hey! How many times do I have to tell you?! Don't damage the merchandise!" Yelled a much softer yet equally cruel male voice.

"Alright already! I get it," said the rough male. I quietly reached for my daggar, only to discover that it was missing. "Lookin for those pretty blades of yours? Already sold em off for a good price," said the rough male as he laughed at me.

Guess I'll fight bare handed. Just as I started my attack, I felt a devastating pain throughout my body. "Oooh! Kitten's fistey! Too bad for you, that coller's imbeded with magic," said the softer male. I panted for air after the pain subsided. That almost hurt as much as getting hit by that car.

My ears were ringing too much to tell what they were saying, but I could tell from their lips that I was about to be auctioned off. They dragged me out of the room till I was just off stage. "Next, we have a special one. A young boy with the appraisal ability! As you know, very few people can achieve this even if they know the method. Let's start at 50 gold," said a woman on the stage as they dragged me out.

Just as they said that, the doors  slammed open. "By the united forces of Tara and Freya! We announce you under arrest! We have the building surrounded. Please cooperate or we will be fored to use force to apprehend you," said a black haired man. His striking blue eyes met mine before he came over. He forced the owner of the auction to unlock me and the other slaves.

"I am General Raden. We are here to save you," Raden announced to us. After taking the auctioneer prisoners to a set of wagons, they let family members who came along go to their children.

"Thank you general," I said. He nodded before heading back to the wagons to take people home and to prison. Guess I'll have to find my weapons out there somewhere.

After a few weeks of wandering store to store, I found a merchant family on the road surrounded by bandits. Why is this life one hurdle after the next? I hope Shane and them are okay.

Thankfully, there were very few bandits.  Only five. Problem is, they were armed. I charged at the closest one, slaming the handle of his own sword down between his legs, making him fall to the ground in pain. I stole his sword before heading to the next one. The dad used earth magic to form a quick shield against the water magic of the bandit. The mom used fire magic, beating a plant mage while protecting her blond child who was digging around for a weapon. After I beat the next man, I saw the boy take out my daggar.

I had taken out two while the family took out three total. "Thank you for your help," said the dad. "You're welcome. By the way, that daggar... did it also come with a bow and sword," I asked as I tried to hide my excitement.

The kid nodded while the parents had a shocked look. "Thank God I found them!" I yelled to myself in glee. "How are you associated with these items?" Asked the mother. I told them my story about the slave thing. They were quick to sell it back to me in exchange for some of the magic crystals. I only have three big ones left. After I told them I was headed to the next village, they allowed me to tag along. The kids name was Maxton, and apparently they were actually famous merchants who decided to take a incognito trip to Freya and were on their way back to Tara.

I was sad to part ways so soon, but I have to train. I decided to stay in the woods, but keep close to the village. I like sleeping under the stars here. You can see them very clearly at night.

I will survive this new world.