Chapter 0.03

Asriels POV

It's been a month with Dimitri, Colton, and Maria. I've taught them recipes in exchange for weapon training. Now, they're ready to go to the capital. This is where we part ways. I plan to move as well, but not to the capital yet. I plan to move to a city closer to it though. I also plan to register as an adventurer in training. I can get better resources if I do that.

"Why don't you just come with us? You could help out with the cafe!" Dimitri pleaded. "I still have things I need to do. Like finding out how I got to the forest," I said. Seeing his downcast face made me feel the need to reassure him. "Once I'm done, I'll come find you. How about that?" I asked. "Promise?" He asked. "Yes, I promise," I replied. "Stay safe out there Asriel, and thank you for everything," Maria said. Colton nodded in agreement before boarding the carriage along with the others. As they drove away, Dimitri sadly waved goodbye.

I guess I should get going too. I'll take my own path through the mountains. Maybe I'll come across more mana crystals! Or maybe become a beast tamer! Who knows what could happen. Let's get some supplies first!

Thankfully I've memorized the way to the shopping center. First on the list is a bag of some kind. Maybe one with a space enchantment. That'd be convenient, but it's expensive. I don't want to waste my crystals on that.

After buying a bag that resembles a backpack, I moved to the next thing on my list. A water bottle. I easily found one that was suitable and moved on once more. Rations are next. I'll only need them if I can't catch anything. I picked up some bread, dehydrated meat, and grain bars. Okay! One more thi- "huh? What's this?" I questioned myself as I pulled out a gem from my pocket. Thing is, it's not a mana crystal.

"Space magic stone it seems," came a feminine voice from behind me. I quickly turned around to see an elderly woman managing a fruit stall. "Annabeth dear, and that'll be three copper for that appraisal," she said. "Asriel. Here, will this cover it?" I asked as I handed her a mana crystal. "Of course it will! These are worth at least one gold each!" She said. "Then could you tell me about this appraisal thing?" I asked.

"Appraisal is a skill that you can learn before awakening your sixth sense. It's pretty simple actually. Just concentrate on an object as much as you can. That should repay you for the mana crystal," she said as a goodbye. I tried concentrating on the orange-red stone. After a minute, I could faintly see some words. The moment I saw them though... they disappeared. "Do I have to stay focused even while reading?!" I shouted in annoyance. It took me seventeen more tries to finally get it to show properly.

Item: space stone
Owner: Asriel
Uses: 1
Description:A stone holding items inside
Activation: "open"

"Open," I tried. The stone shattered as a wooden box fell to the ground. I could feel my excitement as I lifted the lid. Inside, there was a bow, a dagger, and a sword. The bow was made with a black dragon bone and spider silk for the string matched with black dragon bone tipped arrows. The dagar was made from a fire stone and had a dragon shaped handle made of different metals. The sword was made from obsidian, forged to have spiked along the blade.

All of them were excellently made. Each had a special characteristic. The bow was extremely durable, the daggar could burn enemies, the sword was light and practically unbreakable. All were expensive.

"This must be from Colton. He worked as a blacksmith part time because he didn't like it ,but he was good at it," I realized. This solved the issue of getting a good weapon. I put the bow and sword on my back and my daggar on my hip for easy access. Everything else went into the bag.

"I should practice appraisal on the way. It's still hard to use to some extent. I'll also have to be careful of bandits and strong monsters," I mumbled as I started walking down the dirt road. I could already spot a few average monsters near the area, but that won't deter me from my trip. "Appraisal," I whispered as I activated it on a white rabbit monster.

Type: Monster
Name: RagoutRabbit (sao reference)
Health:20
Defense:5
Speed:8
Danger level: low
D

escription: A fast rabbit monster that drops rare materials when killed.

Well then. Time to hunt! I quietly sneak up on the rabbit with my arrow drawn, ready to fire. Just before I could, it took off running. I chased it into the treeline with my sword, having a hard time keeping up. Eventually, I ran it into a river. I snatched my bow from my shoulder once more and took the shot. It hit it's joint on the back leg, slowing it down further before finishing it off.

"All right! My first kill! Man, that was tiring," I started to rant as I pulled the rabbit out. I took out my daggar to skin and carve it, leaving nothing unused. The bones had light weight rose gold weaved into it. The heart had it's beast core. The skin was high grade silk like fur. And the meat was the best part. It was rumored to be the most delicious kind in existence. I was quite lucky this time!

"I'll roast some and make the rest into jerky for the trip. I'll pack away everything else. Maybe I should make a hat from the fur. Yup, I'm gonna do that later," I said as I spoke to myself.

*His weapons*