Chapter 0.05

Asriels POV

We quickly arrived in the town, but we didn't stop there. We continued until we reached a large house that had an overgrown garden. I could see a brown cat scurrying away as we pulled up. "Thank you for taking me with you," I said to them. "No problem. Where do you plan on going now?" Asked Shane.

"I plan to go to the adventurers guild to sign up," I said. Delana and Erin had shocked expressions after my response. "But you're so young! You haven't even awakened your sixth sense yet!" Shouted Delana. "Being an adventurer isn't as easy as it looks kid," said Erin.

"I've already made my first kill. I can use weapons!" I said, trying to convince them that I would be fine. "Let's put that skill to the test. I challenge you to a spare," said Chelsea. "Don't be ridiculous! He's just a kid!" Yelled Erin. "It's fine. It will prove that I'll be safe," I said. "No. Not against Chelsea. She was raised by the royal guard!" Said Delana.

"What about me? Can I spare against you Asriel?" Asked Shane. Everyone went silent at his question. "Why didn't I think of that?" Asked Erin. After arranging the rules, me and Shane took opposing sides of the yard. I took off my bag, leaving me with my weapons. They were enchanted by Chelsea to be blunt earlier. My best bet is the bow. He's faster and stronger, but I'm smarter.

After this, I need to work on my stats. "3...2...1... Start!" Shouted Erin. As Shane charged at me with unbelievable speed for his age, I waited until just before he reached me to step to the side and use his momentum to knock him down. I took this chance to retreat and draw my bow.

When I looked back at him, he was already up and charging at me. "Scary," I whispered. Once again, I waited for him to get close. He was ready to catch me if I went to the side again, but that was not my plan. Just as he was in reach, I pushed his head down as I jumped over him. He fell again, that's when I shot.

"Asriel wins!" Yelled Erin. "You okay Shane?" I asked as I helped him up and retrieved my arrow. "Yeah... That was awesome! You surprised me with that jump though! Are you secretly a rabbit beast kind?!" Shouted Shane in admiration.

"I'm pretty sure I'm not a beast kind. No animal ears or tail here," I said with a smile. Wonder what I am though. We went inside and washed up from our duel before heading down for dinner. "Well, today was quite eventful wasn't it dear?" Asked Erin. "Yes, but I'm glad everything turned out well," replied Delana.

As we ate, we shared stories with each other. By the time dinner was done, they knew all my past in this world. I decided to pay the library a visit, wanting to know the history of this world.

All I found were things I knew and fantasy stories. They talked about simi modern topics actually. That's it! I can recreate things from modern times! I'm going to draft everything I remember from small projects to big!

That's how I ended up now. Sleep deprived to the point of passing out till noon-ish. "Asriel, you should rest before going to the adventurers guild," said Erin. "Yawn* okay," I said sleepily. So I wasted a day by sleeping, writing, and training.

The next day, when I got up, I was well rested. I'm going to sign up today! I left just as the sun rose from the horizon.  The streets were already crowded this early in the town.

I ignored the chatter as I entered a large building. I was immediately spotted by a boy with white hair like mine. He was obviously of the demon race with those horns and blood red eyes. He had bandages around his hands and two katanas on his back. He might look like a fighter at first, but there was a clumsy air about him as he smiled and ran over.

"You've come here to sign up too right? I'm Valen," he said as he held out his hand. "Asriel, and yes I have," I replied as I shook his hand. We talked a bit as we waited in line. "Oh? Len! Newcomers!" Shouted the lady at the desk. "Okay! Come with me you two," said Len.

We both followed him to a field where there were training dummies. "You two will spare and I will assess your strength from that. Any questions? Okay, begin," he said.