Chapter 24

augh my head hurts so bad but I'm writing this anyways

~

Keith's POV

Cherry went out on vacation..without us. I don't know how to feel, but she probably just wanted some time to herself.

I slowly got out of Pico's arms, and made sure he was still wrapped up in the blanket. I walked into the kitchen, but i stopped in my tracks when i heard a gunshot. I ran out, seeing what was going on.

No One's POV

Keith ran out, being welcomed to Fura, holding a glass of whiskey, and a gun. She took a drink of said whiskey, and set it aside. Keith immediately took cover.

"GET OUTTA HERE, DICKHEAD!" Fura shouted.

Fura slowly backed up to her car.

All of a sudden, the enemy started firing, making her duck behind the car. She got up, and started shooting back, landing a hit on them. She ran over, and grabbed onto them, throwing them down. She beat them up a bit, before dragging them off, and throwing them in a ditch, but not before stealing their gun. She picked up her glass of whiskey, and took a drink. She walked over to the door, and opened it, dragging Keith out, and shutting the door again. "You alright, kid?" She asked, helping him up. Keith nodded.

"Thank god..how's my brother?" She asked.

"He's doing alright. Did you need to see him?"

"No, i just wanted to know if he's alright. I already know you're free at the moment, so, get in the car. We're goin out for that beer i mentioned." She explained. Keith nodded, and they both got in the car.

Timeskip

Keith set down his bottle of beer, laughing. "He really did that?" Keith asked, still laughing.

"Yeah! The fucker fell off the couch!" Fura exclaimed.

"Awee, that's great...i should tease him about that.." Keith responded.

"Awe, he'll hate it so much..i remember the time when Pico annoyed the shit outta Tankman. Started running around the house..but..i gotta talk to you about something." She then took another drink of her beer.

"Whatcha need?" Keith asked.

"Well, there's something going on..look." Fura then put down a piece of paper.

"I got a letter from Cherry's mother. She doesn't exactly like you guys anymore- her mother doesn't." Fura explained, as Keith picked up the letter, and read it.

"What the fuck? They moved, and took her with them?" Keith questioned, putting the letter down, taking another drink of his beer.

"Yeah, apparently. They went to fuckin..fuckin cuba or some shit, and I don't think i have enough money to get you guys there to get her." Fura explained.

"fuck..so she's really gone?" He asked, tearing up.

Fura nodded, taking a drink of her beer.

Keith also took a drink.

"Yeah. She's gone."

It went quiet between the two.

Fura held her hand out.

Keith gently took it, gripping it. He looked down, about to cry. Fura put her beer down, and put her other hand on his. "Look, it's gonna be okay. We don't know how long they'll be gone, but, just hope they'll come back." Fura spoke.

Keith looked up at her.

"Just don't give up, kid. Please. My brother needs you." She spoke. He took a deep, shaky breath.