Chapter 18

hello there!

hope you're doin alright

~

Keith's POV

my head hurt... badly. I sat up, looking over at Pico. Still asleep. I got ontop of him, laying down. He flinched, but didn't do anything. I was too light, anyways. I layed my head on his chest. Until i felt him move.

"Keith..? What are you doing? It's three in the morning.." Pico mumbled. "Laying on you. You're more comfortable.." i mumbled back. He chuckled. "Yeah, well, sorry, we can't have se, tonight. Garcello and Fura are sleeping together downstairs." Pico explained.

I froze up, causing him to laugh a little. I got off of him, and layed on my side, my back facing him. I huffed. "What?? it's the truth.." Pico mumbled. I sighed, and rolled back over, hugging onto him. He wrapped an arm around me. "There. Better?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Good...good.." he replied.

I then fell asleep an hour later.

Timeskip

I woke up some..how many hours later. Pico was gone. I got up from bed, did my routine, and went to check on Cherry. She was gone too. I went downstairs. Couldn't smell anything. I searched around the rest of the house. No one. I ran over to the window. The car was gone. I couldn't check the attic, i was too small to reach the rope, and pull it down to open the lid for the ladder to get down. I kept scurrying around, trying to find them. "I'll be fine, right?" I asked myself, sitting on the couch.

Cherry's POV

"You sure we wanna do this to him?" I whispered to Pico. He nodded.

"Look, i feel bad too, but i have to see what he meant. If we learn now, we won't have to struggle with it later." Pico whispered back. We were facing each other. I was on the other side, as we looked down the vent opening, watching to see what he would do. 

"Alright..i still feel bad, though.." i whispered.

We both watched as he kept going around, double-checking everything. He started climbing around, starting to cry, as he kept looking. "Pico, we're hurting him.." i spoke up.

"Not yet." He replied.

I nervously sighed.

He smacked his tail on the couch, clawing the side, crying in pain.

We watched. It got worse over time.

Loud, loud screeching. Clawing the table.  Quivering. "Pico. We have to get in there." I spoke. "Ah, we gotta sneak there." He replied. He grabbed a small bag, and threw it down, aiming it by the kitchen. As Keith ran over, we got out, and snuck out the window, hiding. We ruffled the dust out of our hair, and knocked on the door. We heard as he immediately ran over, and opened the door. We hugged onto him. He cried into our arms. "We're sorry for being gone so long.." i apologized.

"Atleast you're here now.." he mumbled back. I still felt guilty. We went over to the couch, and layed him down. I went to the kitchen, and made him a sandwich. I brought it over, Pico and i watching as he ate. I looked at Pico, and whispered.

"We are NEVER doing this again."

He looked back at me, and immediately agreed.

Skid and Pump ran downstairs with their small suitcases. "We're ready!" They exclaimed. We had them go back to my mom's for the weekend.

I went over, and took their suitcases. I went out the back, and put it in the trunk of the car. They followed. I got them in the trunk, and drove them to my moms.

Timeskip

I walked with the kids up to the door, and knocked. My mom told them to go ahead and do whatever they had to, and the kids nodded, running off. "Thank you so much for taking them for the month.. things been getting stressful..work sucks. College situation is getting worse." I explained. "Happy to help my baby." My mom replied, hugging me.

I immediately hugged back. I missed this alot. Eventually, i let go. She handed me a small box. "Here. A necklace, the one you've been wanting from me for a while. I have two, so..i thought I'd give it to you." She explained. "Thanks, mom." I replied, looking up at her. She smiled. "Anything for you, hun." She spoke, giving me a kiss on the cheek. I giggled. We said our goodbyes, and i went and got in the car, driving home.

Timeskip

I walked in the house. I shut the door behind me, and went to put away the stuff. I felt something climb onto my shoulders. "Hi Keith." I greeted.

"Hi cherry..could i sleep with you tonight?" He asked. "Yeah. That'd be nice." I replied, smiling. "Thanks."

"I'm always here for that. Cmon. Let's go lay down." I spoke, getting him down from my shoulders, and carrying him upstairs. We got in bed, and layed down. We couldn't sleep, so we watched a movie. All of a sudden, he got in my lap, leaning against me, covering us both up with a blanket. It felt nice. So, we stayed like this until the movie was over. Pico actually came in a bit before we went to sleep.

I didn't mind if he wanted to join us. So, since my beds big enough, we all managed to fit pretty snug. It felt nice. Two other people being there. Here. Us all sleeping together. Atleast it would be warmer. Right? Right. As they were asleep, i shivered. Too cold in here. All of a sudden i felt something grasp onto me. It was Keith. Wrapping his arms around me, as well as moving Pico's arm, so it would be around us both. I laughed a little.

"Warmer?" Keith asked. I nodded. "Thank you." I thanked him, kissing him. I saw as he blushed after i pulled back. "N-no problem, Cherry..night." he replied. "Night." I added, wrapping an arm around both of them. Something told me it's actually gonna be okay tonight.

~
Sorry i haven't gotten this chapter out earlier. More testing. Grades. Pico stickers came in 2-4 days early so i was fangirling over those. I managed to restore an old phone. Senpais trapped in an old console right? Yeah. Old phone? Yeah. Made the wallpaper senpai. Boom. Senpai 2.0 . I had the opportunity, and i took it. I've also been just vibing with friends due to the stress schools been putting on me. I'm also running out of ideas. So, may take me a while for new chapters.