Sokovia

3RD PERSON

3RD PERSON

Spencer woke with a start, sweat dripping from his brow and his chest raising rapidly. A part of him hoped it was all a bad dream, but when his eyes fell on the sleeping, bruised, redhead beside him, he knew it was real.

"Tash.." He whispered, shaking her shoulder gently.

She stirred ever so slightly. It felt as if she was truly just asleep, turning in for the night, but she wasn't. She'd been knocked unconscious and was struggling to awake. He continued to poke and prod her shoulder with his pointer finger until something finally snapped inside of her. She jolted awake, her movements becoming even more frantic when she realised she was in an unfamiliar environment, and the grip she held on Spencer's finger could've broken it, had she not finally noticed who it was.

"Spencer, I'm sorry." She shook her head, jaw still dropped in shock.

"It's fine, Tasha." Spencer wrapped his arm around her protectively and pulled her into his chest. Natasha put her arms around his front and back, burying her head into his neck as she sighed deeply.

His fingers ran through her red locks, untangling any knots that may have formed over the course of that days events. She smiled into his neck as she relaxed into his movements. Spencer always had a calming effect on her, and she never knew why. She'd go to him, angry at the world, and she'd leave as if she'd won the lottery. That, was Spencer's superpower.

"What's happening with Ultron?" Natasha asked quietly.

"I have no idea. I heard him building something earlier, but then he left." Spencer whispered into her hair, rubbing his chin along it to keep her relaxed in their predicament.

Natasha hummed and gave a small shrug, "He's probably getting more parts."

Spencer nodded in agreement. His movements never faltered as he altered their position into one more comfortable. He was now laying down, with Natasha lying right ontop of him. The ground beneath was damp, so he understood that she didn't want to lay in it.

When he heard the sound of metal clinking against the concrete, Spencer held his hand over Natasha's mouth and smiled at her apologetically as he moved his body so that they were in their original position.

Spencer and Natasha locked eyes before Natasha closed hers and signaled him to do the same. They sat like that, listening warily to whatever contraption Ultron was building. The fact they couldn't open their eyes and reveal they were awake, made it that much worse. They were blind in the situation.

Sick of the unknown however, Natasha opened her eyes and shifted stiffly as if she had just woken up. The movements were small and subtle, yet they captured Ultron's attention, even if he didn't face her straight away to show it.

"I wasn't sure you'd wake up. I hoped you would, I wanted to show you something... I don't have anyone else." Ultron turned to look at her as Natasha shifted to rest on her elbow, "I think a lot about meteors, the purity of them. Boom! The end, start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild. I was meant to be new. I was meant to be beautiful. The world would've looked to the sky and seen hope, seen mercy." Spencer didn't need to look at Natasha to see she was growing uncomfortable and maybe even frightened. He withheld the need to comfort her and instead listened intently to what Ultron had to say. It wasn't until he heard Ultron step closer that he began to shift his position, ready to attack if Ultron tried anything, "Instead they'll look up in horror because of you. You've wounded me. I give you full marks for that. But, like the man said, "What doesn't kill me..." Another body came up behind Ultron, a much bigger one, and smashed it's fist through Ultron's head, pulling it apart. As the former body dropped, the new Ultron appeared infront of them. Spencer abandoned the idea of hiding and latched onto Natasha, pulling her protectively into him, using his body to shield them, "...just makes me stronger."