Soviet Made

3RD PERSON

3RD PERSON

"Is he gonna make it?" Natasha asked in a whisper as she stood next to a shocked Spencer, and a very disbelieving Steve. The whole situation had felt unreal to him; his newfound mentor, lifeless on the table a glass panel away from him.

"I dont know." Steve muttered in response, not daring to take his eyes off the Director, worried that next he'll just fade into dust right there infront of him.

"Tell me about the shooter." She demanded to the men beside her as she looked between them, her tough exterior shielding her hurt.

"There was two," Steve began. Spencer was hoping that Steve would've forgot that there were two. He had a sinking feeling in his stomach, a burning sense of familiarity, that the woman.. could've been Frankie, "They're fast, and strong. One had a metal arm." As Steve finished, Maria Hill walked in, and took stance beside them.

"Ballistics?" Natasha asked, more so directed to Maria. If anyone knew of Fury's condition and the details of what exactly happened to him, it would've been Maria. Of all the people in the Agency, she was the one person that Fury could trust wholeheartedly.

"Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable."

Natasha sighed as the pieces slot together in her mind, "Soviet made."

"..Yeah"

They all watched as Fury's state began deteriorating; his BP began dropping rapidly, and nurses rushed in with a defibrillator, desperate to save the man.

"Don't do this to me Nick." Natasha muttered under her breath as she shook her head, worry flooding through her body. A feeling this deep was unfamiliar to Natasha; she had spent so long building steel walls to protect herself, that she'd never prepared for a situation where those walls would be penetrated.

The Doctors tried multiple times to bring his pulse back, harder and harder with each charge, however none of their attempts were enough. Unable to face the reality, Steve's jaw hardened as he turned away, refusing to accept that Nick Fury, had been taken away from them.

"Time of death, 1:03am."

They gathered around Fury's body, paying their respects to the very man who had taught them so much. Spencer hadn't really known Fury for that long, or really been that close to him. But Fury had provided him with this family, and a chance to finally use his powers for good.

This was also the first time Spencer had seen Natasha cry. She also presented herself to be fearless and almost emotionless, though to believe that in any sense must have been utterly unbelievable. He wanted to help her but he knew deep down he didn't understand enough to offer help, especially not to someone as complex as Natasha. He also wanted to help Steve too; Steve was his bestfriend and it pained Spencer that it was not within his right to help him either. Spencer couldn't help but feel guilty.