Part Of The Team

3RD PERSON

3RD PERSON

Natasha guided him around the Helicarrier until they eventually reached a room, a room full of people on computers. It also had the rest of the Avengers in it.

"Guess I'm late to the party huh." He said, smiling as he looked at them all. A tall guy, an awkward looking shy guy, a confident guy dressed as if he were in an old theatric play, a man with an eye patch, a brunette who stook by the pirates side, a guy in an expensive looking suit, and of course the red head, "Interesting."

"Ace of Hearts, its nice to finally be able to meet you." The eye patch man courtly nodded at him once in greeting.

"I will admit, I'm pretty confused. I'm not a super hero or anything so just call me Spencer." He mumbled as he took in his surroundings.

"This is Steve Rogers, Bruce Banner, Maria Hill, my employer Director Nick Fury, Thor the Norse God of Thunder and Tony Stark." Natasha introduced the team, pointing to each of them as she went along.

"Its nice to meet you Spencer." Steve smiled. In return Spencer threw up a peace sign with his fingers.

"I take it Agent Romanoff has explained what you are here for." the pirate, Nick Fury, said.

"She mentioned a Tesseract that a guy called Loki has stolen?"

"Precisely." The Director replied.

"He also has one of our own." Natasha added to which Spencer raised an eyebrow. Sensing the need to continue, Natasha carried on, her once professional tone soon turning to one more sad, "His names Clint Barton also known as Hawkeye."

Spencer nodded before putting his hands in his pockets, awkwardly shuffling on the spot.

"So what is it that you do?" Tony asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence that had swept the room.

Spencer shrugged, "I'm not that sure myself"

That was a lie. He knew everything he could do, the extent his abilities could go out to, but Spencer was hating every second of this. He was never one for confrontation. He wanted out of the situation, and if he had to lie to get it, then so he would.

"What do you mean you're not sure?" Fury said turning to face Spencer head on, a frown etched onto his features. The Director didn't look remotely happy before, but they could all see the difference in his attitude now. He was annoyed, more so than usual.

"I'm just a street magician." He shrugged, "They call me the Ace of Hearts because I'm a charmer who just so happens to practice magic. I'm not a superhero, I'm just a master manipulator."

Fury looked at him, studying his face as he paced around the room, before quickly throwing a dagger at Spencer, to which Spencer turned and caught it by the handle just before it hit him right between his eyebrows.

"Just a master manipulator?" Fury tilted his head at him, unamused.

Spencer sighed, accepting his defeat, "What is it you want me for?"

"See now this is the best part," A hint of a smile ghosted on his lips, "Loki is the Norse God of Mischief, he can manipulate you and he can trick you. He makes a fool out of you. That's his role, his purpose. And you can do the same Spencer. But you see, Loki is a God, from an alien planet called Asgard. You are merely human, you're just a British man that somehow possesses abilities."

"I'm a just British man? Whats wrong with me being British?" he pouted, "I thought Americans were supposed to like the accent. Besides, I'm not just British. I'm half Italian."

"Are you enhanced, Mr Lahela?" The eye patch man asked seriously, sick of beating around the bush. Everyone turned to look at him, shocked by how casual the conversation was before, and how serious it was now.

"Listen, its noth-"

Spencer attempted to disregard it but the Director interrupted him, "Answer the damn question!"

"I'm ex-Hydra." Spencer rushed out, intimidated by the newfound pressure pushed upon him. Some people reached for their guns while others glanced around with worried faces, awaiting orders from the Director.

"Why's everyone looking at me like it's that one scene in Shrek where he does the roar and everyone's scared?" He chuckled nervously.

"Ex?" Steve asked, taking a slow, cautious step towards him.

"When I was 14 my Dad made a really bad decision. He borrowed money off someone with ties to Hydra, and when my Dad didn't pay him back, he got mad. One afternoon I was going out to meet my friends, my twin sister Francesca was wanted to come with me but I wouldn't let her. So I went alone. I smoked, I drank, I smashed some stuff, I committed some crimes. Me and my friends were just living our lives. You know, being teenagers. But when I went home, mine changed forever. I opened my door and I saw 5 Russian men, 3 bodies on the floor and 1 person with a bag over their head. The bodies on the floor were my Mum's, Dad's and my older sister Giovanna's. I heard a yell. It was Italian. 'non ascoltarli Spencer', don't listen to them Spencer. It was my twin sister Francesca. I watched as the man holding her smashed the back of her head with his pistol, and then the same thing happened to me. When I woke up, me and Frankie were tied to chairs next to eachother. She was sobbing, I can still remember it like it was yesterday. I don't let myself cry, I never let myself cry and I wouldn't start now. So I sat trying to calm Frankie down, telling her how strong she was and how we're gonna get outta there alive. Until we heard a yell, followed by a gunshot. Then a pool of blood appeared around our feet. They had just shot a man infront of us. It was a warning. She screamed and screamed and I tried to get her to stop but she wouldn't... so they took her. They slapped her in the face, and then they untied me and punched me in the gut. Next thing I know I'm strapped to a table. They were talking in Russian but I made out one phrase. Super soldier. Then my mind span. I woke up in my cell and I tried to pick myself up on my chair, but I ended up flinging my chair across the room, with my mind. It was then that I discovered my new found ability, hell I discovered all 4 of them; mind reading, mind manipulation meaning I could make you believe anything I wanted, telekinesis and general enhanced senses. Hydra loved brain-washing. They wanted to make you a murderer, controlled by them. But it never worked on me. I have too much control over my mind that it's impossible to perform on me. I didnt want to die like that so I pretended. Pretending meant I had to kill as relentlessly as they thought they had programmed me to be. It's a real burden to carry when you do it on your own free will. This went on for years and in that space I only saw Frankie twice. She too had abilities, though hers were very different to mine. She could teleport, she could phase, she could read minds, she had enhanced senses and enhanced combat. She's the perfect soldier. I worked my way up until I was basically on a pedestal and then I saw my big break. They sent me to New Jersey to kill someone, rather than killing them, I faked my death and fled here to New York. Big city, small chance of finding me." He finally finished, worried and out of breath. He felt weird when no one said anything, beginning to wish he hadn't opened his mouth, regretting even waking up that morning. He was ready to turn around and run for his life until he felt a hand on his shoulder. It was Natasha. They nodded at eachother before Tony clapped, taking everyone by surprise.

"Kid you might just be the coolest person I've ever met." Tony breathed out with a laugh, patting Spencer on his back.

"Thanks I guess." Spencer shrugged, his eyes narrowing in confusion.

Fury walked toward him, stopping right infront of his face before folding his hands behind himself...

"Spencer Lahela... Welcome to the Avengers."