Chapter 41

Mia's POV

I groan at the pair of hands shaking me awake. "Love, wake up." I recognised Killian's voice, though I made no move in cracking my eyes open. It's not as if he's in a hurry.

Swatting my hand in the air, I turn over to my side. "Go away," I groan in my pillow.

I felt soft hands softly trailing inside my shirt, down to my stomach and up to my-

I jerked awake in my bed, glaring up at Killian. "Do you have a death wish? Because right now, I wouldn't mind sending you back to Satan where he can deal with your horny ass."

Killian chuckled, leaning down and pressed a soft kiss on my forehead. "I have a surprise. So get that pretty ass out of bed and join me outside."

I raised a brow suspiciously. "It's not you sending me to Satan instead, is it?" I asked, jokingly. He shakes his head in response. "You're going to pay for waking me up, whether I love the surprise or not. Now shoo. Out."

He pressed one last  kiss on my forehead before heading towards the door.

I craned my neck to look at the time and realized it was 5:00 a.m in the morning.  Oh hell no. That man really is wishing for a death wish.

Huffing in annoyance, I reluctantly pushed myself off the bed and stepped in the bathroom to brush my teeth before knowing the surprise Killian wanted to show me. He stood outside, his face calm.

"Are you going to tell me what this is all about?" I question, wrapping my arms around his waist. "I'm tired," I murmur, more to myself.

He as well wrapped his around me and pressed his lips on the top of my head. "Just wait."

"I have a patience of an ant, Killy," I whine, pouting my lips.

"As I have heard."

Footsteps from the stairs brought our attention to my parents. None of us made a move to step away from each other, Killian's arms tightening around me, waiting for whatever my dad has to say. However, it was my mum who smiled brightly at the two of us. "Young love really is something else," my mum said, winking at my direction. "Anyways, you should get going if you want to get there early." This time, it was Killian's turn to get winked at by my mum.

Killian nods.

"What's going on?"

"We have approved of Killian taking you out for your birthday. But just this once." I could hear the disbelief in his words, not believing he was letting Killian take me out, without having a rage about it. "Now, get out of here."

I still couldn't believe that my dad was not assigning any back up guards to trail us, though it wouldn't surprise if he did.

As we passed my parents, my mum only wished me good luck on the surprise. My dad caught Killian's arm and said with cold warning, "Take care of her Killian, no matter what."

"Yes sir."

Finally, he released Killian's arm letting us be in our way.

"Be safe kids!" I hear my mum shout before we stepped outside.

Stepping in our awaiting car, I realised it wasn't Killian driving, instead it was Ray. As the car pulled on the road, I leaned against Killian's shoulder.

"So you're taking me out on my birthday," I mused, drawing random shapes on his palm. "And you got my father's approval. Now, that's something you don't see everyday."