"Or Mrs. Robbinson." My mom reminded me. Mrs. Robbinson was our nice neighbor, she was in her sixties, but she seemed like she was in her fifties and had always helped take care of me when nobody else could after my dad's passing.

"Or Mrs. Robinson. Got it." I nodded and watched my sister and mom grab their coats and purses. Nicole was the first out of the door, but my mother checked twice if she had everything she needed and then kissed my forehead as a goodbye.

They were apartment hunting for Nicole, because she had decided she wanted to move as soon as the next semester started. I couldn't quite understand why she would leave campus when she had warmed up to it and had Sarah as her roommate. The door closed behind my mom and it locked as well, just a few minutes seconds later I head the car start and saw them drive away through the window.

With a broken arm there was not much I could do besides lay in bed, eat with one hand and watch TV. I had trouble reading because I couldn't hold the book with both hands, and showering was a struggle because I had to wrap my right arm on plastic to not get any water on it. I could text, yes, but it was hard to do it all with my left hand.

And opening the front door as I was doing right now was easy compared to everything else. Diane stood there with a rose in her hands. I smiled at her and giggled, watching her own smile. I didn't expect her to show up, specially in the middle of the day, but I was so thrilled to see her I wasn't going to tell her to 'be more careful next time'.

"Hey," The blonde greeted, her beautiful eyes smiled too.

I smiled even bigger at the sound of her voice, a sound I hadn't heard in two days, "Hey!" I opened the door wide open and let her in.

The blonde woman walked inside, "Is your mom home? I didn't see her car." Diane asked with caution in her tone, and started looking around the place.

I shook my head no, "She just left with Nicole. What are you doing here?" I closed the front door and locked it, walked a few steps towards her. 

She turned around to meet my gaze, "Just checking on my favorite student." Diane giggled and pecked my lips.

"Oh, so I am your favorite," I laughed, "My mom said the same."

Diane tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "How have you been feeling? Does it still hurt?" Her smile turned into worry, looking down at my cast.

"No, it's better. Just a bit itchy, but it's okay. That's for me?" I gestured to the rose in her hand. Diane nodded and gave it to my free hand, watching me when I smelled it and let out a breath of satisfaction at the scent.

My teacher had brought me flowers. Well, a flower. But it meant the world.

"I'm glad it's not as painful as it was. I... the flower is a peace offering, an apology." Diane spoke. We were still standing near the front door, and the lightening was lower in this part of the house, which was annoying because I couldn't see her face in detail. "I was going to leave..."

"Wait." I stopped her, she looked at me confused, and a bit disappointed. I could sense she truly wanted to make things right.

"Can we sit in the living room for this? Maybe help me out putting this in water before having that conversation?" I suggested.

She nodded, "Sure, I'll put it in water for you." Diane showed me a small sad smile, which made me want to kiss her aggressively to stop her from looking so sad. Her fingers touched mine - her touch so soft and gentle, so soothing, - and grabbed the rose from me.

She put the rose on water while I helped her find what she needed around the kitchen, and when my flower was settled we sat down in the living room. Diane had already been here, so she wasn't a stranger to my living room. She sat down confident and made sure she was comfortable before directing all her attention to me.