Ten

Childe tried to pretend like it was nothing. He can do nothing about it, he still act cheerful like he wasn't hurting.

But there would always be times like he wanted to breakdown for a single thing that reminds him of you.

After all most of his life revolves around you.

You two were childhood friends, he could still remember the first time he met you. Back in the days where he was still easily frightened and was hesitant, you would always stand in front of him, protecting him. You're always the one who would held up a hand to him and stand him up.

Even when he went missing for three months, at such a young age all he could ever think was to go back home, and to meet you once again. When he did, you're still the same, but it was no longer you who was protecting when but the opposite.

Whenever he had nightmare you would always be the one to clam him down, you're with him through thick and thin. Whether he was being troublesome or silly, you're still with him, you manage to stay with him.

But you're no longer here.

"Big brother why do you look so sad?"

"Big brother why are you crying?"

It was his younger brother asking

So he brush away his tears and smile,

"It's nothing"

He stated, patting his little brother and sister on their heads

In return, they just blink at him, they then ask a different question

"When is big sister (First name) coming back Big brother?"

It was an innocent question

But that question sent thousands of needles in his heart it hurt to much he couldn't help but to tear up, hugging his little brother and sister.

"She's not coming back anymore"

He whispered, almost crying as his voice tremble, accepting the truth

You're not coming back anymore,

He thought as he clunch the ring hanging around his neck in a red thread.

But that doesn't mean he won't wait, he'll always be waiting for you.

He promised you'll be the only woman he'll ever love.

And he will keep that promise to himself until the very end.

"But big sister (First name) says she'll come back"

"Yes! She says she'll just be working far away but she'll be back!"

"She says she got a job offer from a faraway place but she says she'll be back"

By his little siblings' words, he could only blink in confusion

"Big sister (First name) says she'll be back! To us and to big brother too!"

"Yes! Big sister always kept her words! She'll be back"

Strange enough, those words comfort him.

But whether you come back or not, it would be up to you to decide. But just you know, he'll always be waiting for you.

She loves him more than he'll ever know

and He loves her more than he'll ever ever show

what a tragedy

The End