Six

"That's a wonderful ring you've got in there"

"Really?"

Tartaglia, also known as Childe as he look form the source of voice away from the ring he was currently inspecting

"Oh, Lady Amara*"

It was Mr.Zhongli's lover who arrived a couple of days ago.

"Are you with Mr.Zhongli right now?"

"Yup but I suddenly got lost and just happened to spot you here so might as well wait here for him to find me"

The lady smile at him

"But that's really a wonder ring you're eyeing right here. Are you planning to propose?"

By the Lady's sudden oblivious question, his face flare up, obviously blushing as he suddenly shouted.

"No! I mean.. Not yet"

He stated flustered as he suddenly imagine proposing to his lover, you.

Regaining his composure and clearing his throat,

"I was just planning on giving my lover a promise ring on our up coming anniversary"

He explain, blue iris shifting into the ring right behind the glass

He then heard the lady beside him chuckle, this time he felt his ears burning, of course the lady beside him didn't failed to notice his red ears.

"What are so embarrassed for Childe?"

Once again he heard the lady right beside him chuckle

Still his eyes were fixed on the ring, it seems like the more he stare it, the more mesmerizing it got. It was a simple silver ring with a white in in the middle of it.

Almost remind him of your pure nature.

"Looks like you missed her"

Once again taking off his glaze away form the ring, he meets the genuine smile on the face of Lady Amara

"I do miss her"

He admitted with a sad smile

Not that he didn't want to go to missions, but there were times where he would just complain on how things were taking so long because he suddenly misses you so much.

Besides, he knew how often you two meet right now. He barely comes home in a month and it just sucks. He swear after this mission he'll be requesting for a break. He was so busy right now he could barely send a letter to you and his family.

"Are you going to buy this ring? it comes with a pair"

"Really?"

He was surprise to hear that

"Yup, but unlike this one, it has a black line over it not white"

"Then I'm buying this"

Then that Lady watch the young man buy a pair of ring with a smile on his face obviously delighted by it. She watched him kept the other box in his pocket with opening the other, bringing out the ring with black line.

It reminds him of you and him. He who's and was once in the dark and you who needs to stay in the light.

Sometimes he wonder if it was alright that the two of you become a lover instead of staying friend. But he then thought maybe it was his stubbornness and own greed that takes you to what you two were at now.

"I don't mind wearing a ring but.."

Inspecting the ring on his middle finger, he felt like this ring might get on his fight.

"That comes with a red thread Childe"

"Red thread?"

"Yes, but don't worry, it's not a normal thread young man"

The lady chuckle, taking the box of his hand and lift off the foam in it, resting underneath was a long red thread enough to become a necklace

"Here"

The lady hand him the red thread

"Make it as a necklace, it'll probably get in the way if you fight"

Suddenly a chuckle left his lips as he thought this lady knows what was on his mind. He also though that when you meet Lady Amara* you'll probably, no, you'll surely get along with her.

So making the ring hang out his neck, a small smile drew on his lips as he kept the ring under his clothes.

"Thank you"

"No, it should be me saying thank you after letting us barrow a handful of mora, I swear I'll pay you soon along side Zhongli's debts"

The lady said with a sigh

He could only laugh, he couldn't wait to give that ring on your anniversary. You'll love it.

Amara*

Amara*

Is the reader in Zhongli's story hehe

Also just want to say off this should be uploaded an hour ago but my phone suddenly went dead bat and I was annoyed by the fact that I don't know how to turn it on now that it's power button, ya know that button needed for it to open or re start lmao