Two

"Oh dear, what are you doing early in the morning?"

It was a soft and welcoming voice

You paid her no mind but give her a nod as you take a seat right in front of her across the counter. Admiring your gentle yet seems tired and exhausted look on your face, there was an unknown glint that appeared on her purple iris.

"Don't you have a date today?"

With her question, your (eye color) iris that is wondering around the small pub stops at her figure. Raven locks and purple eyes, this woman right in front of you was the owner of the only pub in town that you usually goes to.

"He left early in the morning"

You answered

"You look tired"

"I do?"

You took a glance of your dress

Then a chuckle left your lips

"Maybe I was"

You small smile

But you don't know how or why.

Maybe you know, but just don't want to admit it.

"Wasn't today your anniversary?"

"Stop asking me obvious question, Leanne"

You said with a sigh

Then you heard a chuckle.

"You know"

She trail off, taking something under the counter

It was a sandwich, and he place it right in front of you to eat. She was always like that, looking back and fort between her and your favorite flavored sandwich, you eventually grab it.

"Do I have to pay for this?"

"Nah it's on the house"

She smile at you

"I don't want to see you drinking early in the morning without eating something"

She was only a couple years older than you, but she always act like a mother. Strange enough you don't feel irritated as she make a mess of your hair.

Taking a chew of the sandwich, you once again look around. This was the place where you and Ajax would often meet up, though the pub might not be a fit for a meet up, the atmosphere was relaxing and welcoming.

You wonder when was the last time you went with him in here?

"You're not selfish for wanting to be treated well"

By her words, you paid no attention but to slowed down your chewing, taking your sweet time before eventually setting down your remaining sandwich as your gulp down your food.

With a smile, you answered

"I love him"

"I bet it hurts like hell when you know you need to let go of someone but you can't, because you're still waiting for the impossible to happen"

Your smile never flatter as you meet her mesmerizing purple iris. But your hand slowly curl into a fist behind the counter, resting on your lap.

"Sometimes the person you want the most is the person you're best without"

Was that really the case?

"Go to sleep, take a rest. You look like shit honey"

She pat you on your shoulder

You are indeed tired, having to never fallen asleep when he left earlier this morning. Following her words you stand up, leaving a the unfinished meal of sandwich.

"If love turns lonely"

You felt the bitter sweet of her gentle voice

"Let it go"

You never turn around, but you knew she was looking at you.

With a sigh, you wonder when did you start agreeing to her words.

And it hurts like shit to admit she was right.

But you love him, you still do.

But you couldn't help but to wonder if it was worth the same way it is before.

So with a heavy heart and brain filled with nothing but deep thoughts, you walk all your way back to your apartment, all alone.