"Did you kill people for that necklace?"

"I didn't kill the person wearing the necklace." Her expression quickly changed from anger to disappointment. Her eyes were wet with tears. Her eyebrows lowered, creases in her forehead formed as she slowly pushed the plate towards me.

"That isn't right." She said with a disappointed tone. I nod silently as I picked up the fork with my left hand. The fork felt awkward in my hand, the fork should be my right hand. My thoughts were interrupted by Goldie. "You remember how I told you about how I fought in Civil War?" I put down the fork and stare up at her.

"Is was your friends right?" She shook her head.

"That was one reason, my main reason was," she took a deep long breath. "I wanted more power, I wanted to be in command. I didn't have morals at first, I did many terrible things just for the chance of power. I didn't get that power, I only had the regrets of the things I've done, the lives I ruined. I would like to think that I did it for the right causes, I didn't. I've seen many people do bad things for the right causes." Goldie sighed solemnly. "Those causes were forgotten, the bad things they did worsen. I was really lucky I saw the consequences of my actions before it was too late. You're just starting to do all these evil things, you can still stop before something comes back to bite you." Goldie sighed as she walked over to my side of the island and sat down on a stool. "I called your school, you can take the day off today."

"Oh, um, thank you." I bite dig my fork into the pancakes and awkward cut off a piece off the pancake. I bring it up to my mouth and bite down.

"After you're done eating, I'll take out somewhere." I put down my fork and stared at her.

"Where are you going to take me?"

"It's a surprise, but you have to promise me one thing."

"What is it."

"No more robbing, no more stealing. No more using your powers for your own benefit, I'm teaching you how to use magic for self-defense, not to kill or rob people because they have something you want." I stare down at my pancakes. I could lie to make her happy, who knows if I'll need more money soon? My chest tightened at the thought of lying to Goldie. She just wants the best for me, but she doesn't know what I have to do.

"Yeah, I won't steal or rob. I got the money I need, I don't need to rob no more."

"You already had the money, you just didn't want to use your own." I stayed silent not really knowing what to say. I decided to pick up my fork and start to cut the pancakes into tiny pieces.

I wonder if Qaid is going to scold me for not getting the solar panels yesterday.

8:03 am

I stare up at a bright yellow sign spelling out Auto Parts. There was a symbol of a metal arm flexing its muscles. I look towards Goldie.

"What's this place for?

"It's for prosthetics. I would take you to a regular doctor but I know you like your jewelry, so I thought that you would like something special. Something to look nice to replace your fingers." I took a step back away from the shop. I used my index finger and rubbed the tip of the finger over my stubs.

"Couldn't you just have taken me to someplace where I could grow back my fingers or something like that?"

"I don't know any places like that. Even if I did not many people who use their powers to just grow back some fingers, it would be too expensive anyway." I blanket of disappointment covered my body as Goldie walked towards the building.