"When did thou get so wise, Thalia?"  Zoe shoved her playfully.  "Has being Lieutenant made you more confident in thy words?"  Zoe giggled.  

Zoe meant it as a joke, Thalia was sure.  But it made her wonder.  Has being Lieutenant made her more confident?  More understanding?  She was already a good leader before she joined the hunt, it came naturally to her.  But Thalia used to be hot-tempered, and not the easiest person to talk to.  Was she really so different now that she had all these girls to look after?  She was sure of it.  Just a few hours ago, Reyna had opened up to her about her feelings of Jason being gone.  Would I have been that easy to open up to back then?  

"Yes."  Thalia walked with a new found stride.  "I think I am, but in a good way."

Zoe's eyes shone with warmth.  "Maybe we have all changed, but in a good way, as thou says."

"Go talk to them Zoe."  Thalia told her seriously.  Sky had returned from scouting, nodding at Thalia that the path was all clear.  The other girls were attempting to ride on Laelaps' back, while Reyna rolled her eyes and scolded them to get down.  "You're still their sister, and they still love you like one."  

Zoe nodded gratefully and left to help Reyna get the girls off of Laelaps' back.  

"Girls!  Laelaps is a dog.  Not a horse!"  

Thalia laughed.  She whistled for her wolf, Luna.  The she-wolf's wounds from the werewolf battle were healing well and she no longer limped.  

"How ya doin' girl?"  Thalia scratched behind her ears.  Luna couldn't talk, but since she was bonded to Thalia, Thalia could understand her telepathically.  All hunters could have a wolf bonded to them if they wished.  

I am okay.  Luna spoke in her mind.  She fell into step beside Thalia, her paws only slightly sinking into the snow. 

My pack grieves for the wolves we lost in the werewolf ambush.  I lost my sister.  Luna's tail drooped and her ears went down.  

"Oh Luna, I'm so sorry, I had no idea."  Thalia knelt and gave her a hug.  "Are you going to be alright?"

She is with my ancestors now.  I will feel her every time my pack howls at night.  She will be with us.  

"I'm here for you if you need to talk or something.  I kind of know how you feel."

Thank you my friend.  I will miss her dearly, and I am glad to still have a sister in you.  

"Awww, Lu!  I love you too."  Thalia patted Luna on the head.  

"Thalia!  The portal is just up ahead!"  Reyna yelled to her and pointed to the dead tree.  

The girls ran through the snow to the tree, stopping just at its roots.  

"Permission to enter, Lieutenant?"  Callie asked eagerly.  

"Actually, first there is something I need to go over.  Zoe?"  Thalia locked eyes with the former huntress. 

"I want to break this to Artemis slowly."  Thalia explained.  "I will tell her you have returned.  Until then, I need you girls to hide her.  Seriously, hide her.  Put up a tent or something and don't let Artemis see her until I've had a chance to explain.  Everyone clear?"

"Yes Lieutenant!"  The huntresses shouted.  Nalani got out her handkerchief/tent from her pack and held it ready in her hands.  One by one, the girls went through the portal, Zoe going last.  

When the girls, wolves, and greyhounds were through, the huntresses crowded around Zoe in a panic.  Lani threw her handkerchief to the ground frantically, and Sandy shoved Zoe into the tent.  The other girls surrounded the tent in a group and attempted to act casual.