First Day at Work

The blaring alarm woke me up from my slumber. I jumped up from my bed, glancing at the clock on my bedside table. It was 8.30am.

"Shit shit shit shit SHIT! I'm late!"

I ran towards the bathroom for a quick shower, doing it while brushing my teeth. I finished, tried to jump out of the shower box, and stumbled my foot on the door frame. My toes hurt like hell. I swore and cursed, but realized I didn't have the time to mourn. I stood up, still winching from the hurting toes, dried myself quickly, and ran outside.

I got dressed quickly while glancing at the clock. 8.35 am. I ran out of my room towards the fridge in the kitchen. I took out a bottle of cold brew coffee I had prepared the night before and a sandwich, and was ready to go out of my apartment before remembering that I hadn't done the one most important thing to do before leaving home.

I ran back to my room and kissed the Twice Candybong Z 2 I placed on my table. It was my good luck charm. If I ever needed luck, today was the day I needed it the most. I wore my shoes and ran out. I glanced at my watch... 8.45 am. Shit! Would I make it in time?

My name is Han Min Soo, I've been a hardcore ONCE for many years, and today was my first day as an intern in JYP Entertainment

My name is Han Min Soo, I've been a hardcore ONCE for many years, and today was my first day as an intern in JYP Entertainment. Yes. The JYP Entertainment!

I couldn't believe how lucky I was when the acceptance letter came in last week, because I knew just how many people applied for the job opening in the newly re-established Talents Welfare Division, and also because I felt like I didn't do quite well during the entry test.

The interview was even worse. I knew I was so nervous that day, a huge part of it was because only right before the interview did I realize that I would be working under Bae Suzy, a famous second generation idol with Miss A, a present day awards-winning actress, and an industry legend, who had recently been appointed as the director of TWD. I remembered how beautiful and charming she looked during the interview, but she asked pointed and deep questions that I struggled to answer.

I ended the interview feeling defeated, but I remembered how Director Bae smiled kindly and shook my hand afterwards, and she told me she would be seeing me again. Still, I was so surprised when I got accepted a few days later, so much so I injured myself from jumping around while celebrating. Yeah, I'm clumsy like that.

Being accepted to JYPE, and even more so to be working in TWD under Bae Suzy was a dream come true for any K-pop fan in the world. I found myself smiling from ear to ear as I ran towards the bus stop near my apartment, already imagining how happy I would be when I would meet the nine goddesses that were Twice eventually. Sure, I knew that I might not even be assigned to Twice, but still... I would meet them sooner or later, right? It was inevitable!

I boarded the bus towards JYPE headquarters in Cheongdam-dong, which in truth was only a few minutes away from my apartment, but still, I was nervous. As I sat down on my seat, I checked my phone, and found that there were...