When the Dust Settles

Start from the beginning

"So," Misses Yang started and Jimin jumped in surprise, having totally forgotten about her for a moment. Misses Yang didn't seem the least bit annoyed about that, only smiled knowingly. 
"Can I finally say: I told you so?"
"Told me what?"
"That someone would come along and show you who you truly are? My little, beautiful swan!"
Her eyes sparkled with her inner light as her smile widened. "You know that swans mate for life? And your midnight prince sure looks like he has no intentions of ever leaving you."

His heart warmed at her words, at her implications and the future that meant for him and Jungkook. His smile was born of happiness and excitement for staying by his boyfriends side for a long, long time. 

"What are you smiling for?" Jungkook asked as he came out of the kitchen and leaned down to gently kiss him before taking a seat again. 

"Oh, nothing," Misses Yang said, then pursed her lips. "I was just telling Jimin here to get the rest of his stuff from the apartment."

Jimin's head snapped towards her. 
"What?"
"I'm evicting you," she simply said with a shoulder shrug like it should be obvious. 
"You're throwing me out?" Jimin breathed in disbelieve, staring at her wide-eyed. 
"Well," the older woman explained "You haven't payed rent in a month, and I happen to know you are currently without a job. And I really, really don't want to be kept up at night by your ridiculous moans. You sound like a strangled dolphin on drugs!"

Jimin turned a deep shade of red. 
"I do not!"
"Yes, you do." 
"No, I don't!"
"Yep... you definitely are! Screeching dolphin sounds all night long!"
"That's so not true!"
"Yes it is." 

Jimin let out a groan, holding his ears shut as he muffled: "You're ridiculous!"

Jungkook was laughing next to him as he skipped his eyes between them. 
"You are both ridiculous."
"Tell her that," Jimin fired back and pointing a finger at the grinning, old woman.

"So," Misses Yang stated, her eyes sparkling. "I suppose you'll have to find somewhere else to live. Oh... if only there was a person in your life who would die to have you move in..."

Jimin sat a little straighter and his head snapped around to the younger- then narrowed. 
"Are you in on this?" 
Jungkook let out a choking sound and quickly shook his head, his long black hair bouncing around him. 
"No, Jesus, I would never! But..." and then a smile bloomed on his face, his dark eyes flickering with amusement. "She's not wrong. I would die to have you move in." 

Jimin sat back in the chair. 
For so long, he had seen his little attic, roof-top flat as prove he didn't need anyone- that he could take care of himself. But was it really so bad to accept help when offered? And it wasn't like he thought Jungkook was asking him because of pity or sympathy. He saw it in his expression now- the hope that Jimin would agree for no other reason other than that he wanted him to. 

And suddenly he could not think of a single reason why he should refuse. He loved Jungkook's apartment. He loved him. And he wanted this. Wanted to have the younger around all the time, so he clapped his hands and rose, stemming his hands into his hips. 
"Well, I guess I should start packing then." 

Jungkook's chin hit the floor, staring up at him. 
"A-are you serious?" 

Jimin smiled and shrugged his shoulders. 
"Why not? The attic room sucks,"
"Hey!" Misses Yang exclaimed with a shout, but Jimin ignored her.
"Your flat it closer to school AND you have a car. And this old lady here is right, I no longer have a job. But," He turned to Jungkook and reached out to tug a loose strand of hair behind his ear. 
"Those are just practical reasons."
He couldn't keep the emotions out of his next words- didn't want or need to. 
"I would love to move in with you Jungkook-ie. Because you make me the happiest person there is."