Chapter 42: Quarrel

Start from the beginning

"We'll see." He mutters, tucking his head into my neck and kissing gently at the sensitive skin.

Heloix remains connected to me as I putz around, his large body crowding over mine as I move from the oven to the sink and set the dirty dishes inside.

"When is your little human girl coming?" Heloix asks, picking up his head and looking around the messy room.

"Betty," I start, purposely using her name. "is no longer cleaning our wing."

I felt so guilty watching her come in here every day to clean after my messes, her clumsy hands shaking every time Heloix enters or exits the place. She always spoke eagerly about the gardens, so I moved her to work out there.

"So, who's going to clean it?" Heloix probes.

I snort at his question, wondering if there's ever been a day in his life where he cleaned up after himself.

"We are."

Abruptly, Heloix disconnects himself from me, his heavy hands moving to my shoulders and spinning me around to face him. He wears a deep frown on his face, and is clearly unamused by my antics. In an attempt to lighten the mood, I give him a toothy grin and pop up on my tippy toes to kiss the skin of his neck, the only part I can reach when he is standing at full height.

His lips twitch slightly at my actions, and I feel good knowing that he isn't nearly as angry as he lets on.

"I thought you liked when I cleaned for you?" I tease, reaching down to grip his soft cock through his pants. "You at least seemed to enjoy me making your bed, rubbing my scent all over your sheets every day."

Heloix's eyes flash as a muffled growl flows from his chest, his hands dropping down to my thighs and lifting me onto the counter before slotting his hips between my open legs.

"I was so desperate for you," He mutters, voice low. "One time, I purposely spilled wine on my sheets so you'd have to clean them."

I can't help the loud laugh that falls from my lips at his admittance, loving the slight blush that spreads across his cheeks. That stain was the death of me and never truly came out. A small part of me always wondered if it was left there by Jade or some other woman visiting his room late at night, but I never dared to ask.

The mental image of him purposely dumping it over his sheets, probably feeling so proud of himself for having come up with such a flawed idea, has me bent over cackling. I reach out and grab Heloix's shirt, pulling him against me as I lean my forehead against his body, my chest heaving as I laugh.

"It's not that funny." He huffs, removing his hands from me and backing up slightly.

Despite my best efforts, I'm unable to calm my laughter, and Heloix eventually turns away and grabs a cookie. He shoots me a quick wink before heading to the front door.

"I'll be in my office if you need me. Tell your human male that he will be accompanying you and me to the city tomorrow." He chuckles, his smile growing as my laughter comes to an abrupt halt.

I open my mouth to pry more, but he is out the door before I have time to respond.

For a moment I debate running after him, but I'm willing to bet that he's already long gone. He moves too quickly for his own good. I'm sure he can sense my uncertainty at the prospect of going to the city, yet he does not come back to comfort me despite it.

Taking a deep breath, I remind myself that he would never let anything bad happen to John or me.

I'm surprised that Heloix wants to take John, who I'm sure will be far from happy about this. His dislike for both Heloix and the city is strong, and with a stressed groan, I realize that I will need to go down and warn him of the plans.