Chapter 40

Humans can be a piece of trash sometimes.

They would say something at first and then do the complete opposite just to later stab you in the back.

Even if Y/N's parents didn't know Toji Fushiguro until he perished and met him in the afterlife, he had tiresome written all over his face as if he never had a moment to breathe and relax when he was alive.

Like going through hell every single day of his life.

As if people were mean to him and treated him like he was nothing but an object or a weapon, the man did everything he could to stay alive and keep his family safe because until that moment Megumi was all he had left.

The small dark haired baby being a reminder that he had a family, that someone loved him deeply to the point on giving him the chance to be a father.

But she left so soon..

And when she died, a part of Toji's heart die with her. The woman that made him smile everyday and his support was now gone and little by little Toji lost himself in the mourning.

He was now alone with a baby to take care of.

It was difficult for him, not only for being a single father; but when he saw his surroundings, he noticed that the world keep moving despite his stopped when his wife died. Megumi crying at nights was nothing compare to the pain Toji kept to himself because he had no one to talk to.

His heart which was hard as a stone until he met that woman, was now as hard as steel. She helped him in ways he didn't know and after she realized the way he was treated by his family she knew all Toji wanted was to be loved.

His harsh and rude demeanour only hid a tired man who begged to be seen as a human, to be loved and let himself love someone.

Yet now, alone and with another life under his care he thought that looking for money in any way he could would be enough to sustain his broken family.

He lost himself on gambling
He lost himself on being treated as an object.
He lost himself..

At the point that he had forgotten the happy moments and Megumi's picture started to fade..

The cut on his lips that was healed by that man was a reminder that there were nice people out there, there were kind sorcerers willing to give him a hand.

So the day he perished and saw the man welcoming him in the Yomi, Toji felt a weight on his shoulders lift.

Because right next to that man was the woman who Toji loved the most; she looked healthy and as beautiful as the day he met her, she had been waiting for him patiently and now they were together again.

He didn't know, but him and his son weren't that different from each other.

And now Megumi was a teen whom just like his father, he had someone that truly cared for him and he was willing to fight to keep that smile intact.

Never in a gazillion years he would have imagined the daughter of the man who healed him was now his son's love interest.

"I guess the L/N's and the Fushiguro's are always meant to meet"

~

Toge Inumaki spent fifteen minutes sitting at the edge of his bed making breathing exercises to control his anxiety attack; which at first felt as if he was about to have a heart attack but once he connected the dots and knew it was about his sister's wellbeing, well.. It all caused a domino effect..

The sensation on the right side of his chest was too strong that it felt like electricity, it scared him to death because at that moment he was sleeping so his body went from calmness to alert mode in less than a second.