"It's okay, don't overthink about that." He said and she glanced at him meeting his dark eyes. Like always, she couldn't read much. He was like a mystery she wanted to figure out. 

Her hand reached for the cup, but stopped when he interrupted saying, "it's uh, very hot!"

She smiled, pressed ther fingertips over the cup to check the hotness. "Hmm, I don't like cups like these. I prefer mugs any day."

"Oh, me too. I keep these for guests."

Kashish's lips curved up. "So, you're a coffee person or tea person?"

"Tea. I think policemen in general have a thing for tea. Easily available everywhere."

"Hmm, do you smoke?"

"No, I don't know how some of my colleagues can smoke with tea." 

A smile drew up again on her face. There was something very heartwarming about the way he spontaneously expressed his opinions. It was like the always-alert and guarded policeman went into a dormant state revealing the normal guy in him. 

"Its awfully bad, I don't understand how people like smoking,"

"You've tried?" He remarked, looking taken aback.

"Yeah, college has a way to teach you all about life. My class had all kinds of species. The ones who were high on weed all time, the other kind who came to class reeking of hangover, and the nerds who had dark circles from working part time or burning midnight oil. The list will go on."

"Woah, have you ever tried that ..?"

She looked at him curiously, "you mean...weed?"

"Yeah," He answered blandly.

"Why would I tell a police officer that?"

They exchanged blooming smiles that eventually turned into soft chuckles.

"Oww, my jaw hurts," she mumbled placing a hand on it, her chuckles coming to an abrupt stop. 

Putting down her hand slowly, she looked at him. "Haven't tried it, I was scared out of my wits to actually do something like that. I prefer being on the right side of the lines of rules."

"Of course, by sneaking into libraries at night." He remarked.

She looked at him surprised. He was generally a well mannered, polite, proper gentleman. No sarcastic replies at all. But slowly she was seeing that picture perfect image fade, revealing the true colors. She had no complaints though.

"Sorry, I just... I didn't mean to judge or offend." He apologized right away, as soon as he realized he had slipped from the path of being a perfect gentleman.

"It's okay, as long as it wasn't a taunt." She said softly.

He nodded his head slightly. "It wasn't. Have the milk,"

She picked up the cup, carrying it up to her lips. He got up and walked into the balcony. Kashish looked at his form as he leaned over the railing looking around. She found herself comparing him to Ishaan. Probably because Ishaan was the only guy she had genuinely liked, and admired. 

Virat seemed to be very different from Ishaan. Ishaan wasn't as uptight and careful as Virat was. Ishaan was monsoon and Virat was like summer. Warm, friendly, represented by the color of friendship – yellow.

She ridiculed herself for comparing the two men.

Her eyes somehow, didn't leave him. He was flexing his neck muscles, exercising his fingers, seeming to be thinking about something. Kashish sipped from the cup, picking up her phone. She quickly typed out a message to her mother, hoping she wouldn't call back.