Chapter 18 - Joy's Party

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, we had some misunderstandings which she ended up breaking up with me. I didn't know she'll come to this party and be wasted like this. Her parents have been calling to know her whereabouts." He showed the list of calls and the messages but Lisa wasn't quite convinced so she pulled Jennie closer to her.

"He said he'll take you home. Your parents are worried about you." Lisa tried to make sense in front of a drunk girl. 

Jennie pouted cutely and stomped her feet. "No, take me home instead."

Honestly, Lisa wanted to strangle Jennie. She couldn't be this demanding when they were just strangers to each other. And she felt a thick and heavy air already around her as if someone's watching her back and she was in great danger if she did anything wrong. She was pressured to sort things out but she did not want to hand over Jennie to Kai who claimed that he's the boyfriend.

Another small girl stepped forward and made her way on the scene. Good thing people are busy to notice their commotion "Lisa??! Hey, I didn't know you attend parties like this. Good to see you here." It's Nayeon, Lisa's number one fan and the leader of the Muay Thai fan club. Lisa is somehow acquainted with her.

"Hi, Nayeon. Yeah, I just felt like going out tonight." She briefly explained.

"Oh, my God! Jennie!" Nayeon realized it is Jennie next to Lisa who clings like a koala. Then she looked at Kai whose being embarrassed by her girlfriend's actions. 

"Is she bothering you?" She was concerned more about Lisa.

"Do you know her?" Lisa asked wondering why Nayeon's reaction is like that.

"Of course I do. She's my roommate and bff. Don't tell me you don't know Kim Jennie?"

Lisa shook her head. Sorry I have no idea who she is. Is she the president's daughter?" She asked innocently and this made both Nayeon and Kai laughed.

"No wonder she does not seem to trust me a bit," Kai explained to Nayeon.

"Lisa this is the famous Kim Jennie. She's a part-time model and she has been scouted by big companies to enter the entertainment industry. She's been the talk by a lot of students. How on earth you are not aware of it?"

Lisa thought about it but really doesn't know that Jennie is famous. Maybe because she and Irene have their own little world. They don't really care about other people. They just love to spend time together. Like studying together, going out, and such stuff.

"So this is Kim Jongin. Known as Kai he's the quarterback of our football team and Jennie's boyfriend since high school." Nayeon introduced. " I happened to be the vice president of Football Fanclub." She said proudly.

Hearing this made Lisa dropped her jaw. So these two are probably a known power couple on the campus but she does not have the slightest idea. But what surprised her more is Nayeon handles another fan club. She felt betrayed she thought she's loyal to the Muay Thai fan club. Anyway, she does not want to keep the conversation long. She's not around to be buzzing about who's famous or not. "So Nayeon, do you think I should let Jennie go with Kai?"

"Of course, YES. He's the boyfriend anyway. Jennie has a habit of denying him whenever she's intoxicated. But she does not mean it. She loves him to the core. Just ignore whatever she just told you."

It is such a relief that Nayeon is around. Lisa couldn't thank her enough. "Really, oh well, sorry if I doubted you Kai. You know I am just making sure of it." She apologized to Kai.

"Don't worry, I'll go with them. It's already late. And her parents also asked me to look for her. This girl is really a trouble maker." Nayeon butted in to assure her.