Chapter V

Chapter V: Camp Activities

"We're gonna get that money over that mountain to the ocean. Benny, cover us from under that tree line there. Fish, One Shot, you two take position up there," Redfly orders. "That's cocaine they're growing, so they may have weapons trained on us from those buildings right there."

Benny scans the area, "We got working radios?"

Pope reloads his gun, "No, comms are dead."

-

Catfish notices his best bud struggling to stand up. He steps closer to her, hovering near her, not close enough to alarm her but close enough for him to jump into action and help. He sees her trying to clip the buckle of her vest. He inches closer, nudging Ironhead, nodding at her.

The two take two steps and help her.

The older Miller holds her gun while Catfish goes to buckle her vest.

The latter stops when he sees blood. He lifts up her shirt to see how bad the damage is.

She slaps his hand, pushing it away. "The hell are you doing?"

"I'm saving your life."

She looks down, lifting her shirt. "It's nothing, just a scratch, see. Nothing as bad as macho man over here," she waves her hand in a circle, gesturing to Ironhead.

"I got shot," he clarifies.

"I know. We all know, Will."

"Clearly she's lost some blood and needs to see a doctor or a professional," Ironhead mutters to Catfish.

"I can hear you."

"Both of you, shut up. Hold your shirt, I'm putting a band aid on that," he holds her shirt up for her to take, using his free hand to point at the deep scratch.

"It's nothing."

"You can never be too careful," Catfish replies.

"It's okay to be a little cautious," Ironhead looks around.

"Especially when you don't know where the fuck you are." One Shot sighs, holding her shirt, letting Catfish fix her up.

"How's that feel?"

"Like someone hovering over me with some backup."

Catfish pulls down her shirt and buckles the vest making sure it's secure. He and Ironhead share a look, "she's fine."

The older Miller puts the strap of her gun over her head, handing her the weapon.

-

Redfly shakes his head, "go with hand signals. Pope and I will get out there and look as peaceful as we can. We'll give you a hand signal when we think it's secure." He raises his hand giving an example of the signal they'll do. "Let's move."

One Shot takes a deep breath. She looks down and finds a hat, Benny's hat. She bends down, even though it hurts, she's determined to pick up the hat. She swipes it off the ground, brushing off the dirt and smudges. She looks at the front panel, checking to see if there's any more dirt.

She knows this hat.

She bought this for Benny's birthday a few years back.

-

Seraphina slides the sliding glass door a little so she and Benny can have a little privacy (away from the three "Serenny" shippers), leaving the door open about an inch. "Hey there, birthday boy," she smiles, setting the bag down on the table.

One Shot ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara