Chapter I

Chapter I: Old Friends

Santiago and Will hug each other with huge smiles on their faces.

"How many times have you given that speech?" Santiago asks.

"It'll be 173," Will replies.

Santiago chuckles to himself. "Still keeping count of everything in your life?"

"Of course."

"It's still a good speech."

"Thank you."

"How you been?"

"I'm okay. You?"

Santiago nods, "did you get my text?"

"Yeah." Will nods. The two walk outside and away from the room where Will was giving his speech.

"So? What's your take?"

"Who else do you have?"

"I came to you first."

Will doesn't respond for a moment. "If you can get Redfly and One shot, I'll do it."

"Really?" Santiago asks, very surprised by his buddy's answer.

"Yeah."

"Do you think they're up for it?"

"I just feel like we owe Red. Besides... it's always a little harder than you think it's gonna be, right? Get the captain and our sharpshooter, I'm in." Will lightly punches Santiago's shoulder before walking away.

-

Tom walks out of one of his listing's. He sighs, knowing this one didn't go so well. He pulls the sign off of the lawn when he hears a familiar voice.

"Hey, I'm lookin' for a condo. I hear you're the guy to talk to. Sorry to track you down like this." Santiago chuckles while he leans on Tom's truck.

"Hey, man."

The two share a hug.

"I called your office. It's good to see you."

"Good to see you."

"You look great."

"Ah, yeah, right."

"No, you do."

"It's been a while, huh?"

"Well, we didn't hear from you for a couple of years. We thought you might have gone full native in the jungle." Tom tosses the sign in the back of his truck before crossing his arms as he leans his back against the truck.

"Yeah, I know. Sorry." Santiago turns so his arms are crossed on top of the bed of the truck. "So, how are you?"

"Uh... I'm okay."

"Yeah, I heard about you and Molly."

"Yeah. It happens." "

So, I got a job for you. Guaranteed 17 grand for a week of consulting. No action unless you want it. It's just a recce."

"I'm retired."

"I know."

"What is it?"

"We're gonna get Gabriel Martin Lorea."

"Haven't you been trying to do that for years?"

"Yes. I could never find him, and I finally did."

"I can't do it, man. There's more of this shit around now than ever. Anthony was down here trying to get me to go to Africa for a month, but I... I can't... I can't do it."