Epilogue

Epilogue

Three weeks later...

She turns off her alarm, her head plops onto the pillow. "Get up," she mumbles into the pillow.

His arm tightens around her waist, pulling her closer.

"We have to get up. If we don't get up now, we'll be late, and if we're late, you will not be happy when we come home."

"I don't wanna," he whines into her shoulder.

"You should be happy. We're gonna go see baby Isa."

"She's probably still asleep. We'll be fine."

Seraphina turns her head, glancing at the clock. "Yeah," she looks back at Benny, "it's five, of course she's still sleeping."

He cracks an eye open, "is it really five?"

She raises her hand, pushing back the overgrown strands of his hair off to the side, "why would I lie to you about what time it is?"

He shrugs, "I don't know."

She shakes her head, "you're a moron."

He smiles, moving his head closer to her, "but I'm your moron."

She puts her hand on his mouth, stopping him from moving any closer, "morning, no thank you."

"Oh, come on," he says against her hand but, it comes out all mumbled.

"Yes, seriously. Get up, you still have to go on your run."

"Can I skip it?"

"You think that's a good idea when your next fight is coming up so soon."

He sighs, "I guess not."

"Good, get dressed and I'll make your protein shake and set your water bottle on the counter. How long are you running for today?" She pushes herself out of bed, throwing a jacket on.

Benny slowly pushes himself out of bed and shrugs, "I don't know, a couple miles, maybe?"

"Maybe or you know? I need to know so I can have your shake and breakfast at least close to being ready. I don't need a repeat of last week."

"I'm sorry, I was hungry. The eggs were right there."

"They were raw."

"I was curious."

"Be curious somewhere else."

He rolls his eyes, throwing on his workout shirt.

"I'll be downstairs."

"I put Isa's gift together three days ago. It's fine."

Seraphina stops, turning around in their bedroom doorway, "I'm not checking on it."

He chuckles, "you're such a liar."

-

"I'll be back," he tells her, standing behind her in the living room.

She turns around, "discretely" pushing the baby gift away from her. It screeches on the coffee table.

Benny raises a brow, "yeah, not going to check on it my ass."

"Don't judge me. I just- I want to make sure she likes it."

"She can't talk, and everything fascinates her. She'll love it."

"I still want to make a good impression."

He nods, not wanting to make this an argument. "Okay. If I take pictures, don't hit me," he jokes with a teasing smile.