Five years ago we sat down and made a schedule. He spent his birthdays and summer every other year with me. Every month I get one weekend with Steph. I make sure whatever I buy for him, I buy for Sean and Anna's three children. On many occasions, I've tried to have their twins over with Steph whenever I visit but Anna wasn't having it, I couldn't push her because if roles were reversed, I probably would've done the same.

I appreciate them allowing me this opportunity to be a part of his life and I don't want to overstep my boundaries, because of the ones I've already crossed. But in that process, I didn't want to take Steph away from his siblings or Jinette and Brian's children whom Steph is so fond of, he calls them his siblings as well.

There's no denying Anna does a great job with Steph. I'm woman enough to admit it. He does excellent at school, well mannered, and is disciplined. He has a phone now and we talk every day whether a quick text or he's telling me about his day, trust me he hasn't stopped the chattering, he can go on and on when we talk. I'm thankful he doesn't hate me and I get to show him how I truly love him and I didn't walk away from him despite me leaving his father.

I've never explained to Steph what caused the separation between his father and me. if he brings it up, I'm prepared to answer his questions and talk with him.

Steph told me he wants a Ps5 for this birthday this year. After talking with his father, he has permitted me to honor his request. I bought doodle drawing boards for the girls and coding robots for the boys. I couldn't buy stuff for Steph alone and didn't buy for his siblings, they are all children it would have weighed heavily on my conscience.

My flight was smooth and I made it through the airport quickly became I only travel with my hand luggage.

The taxi arrives in front of Sean's house, as I get out I saw the kids sitting around.

As soon as Steph saw me, he came running towards me, I drop my hand luggage and hug him tight picking him up a little off the ground. "Look how big you are baby," I kiss his cheeks.

He let go of me "mom the girls are here" he blushes. My baby is thinking about girls I chuckle "aww my baby has a crush!" I whisper.

"Mom.....," he blushes some more. "look how tall you are, you will be looking down at me soon. When did you get so tall?" I teased him.

"Mom, you say that every time. Don't you remember seeing me last month?"

"I can never forget seeing you, how you had me up playing Scrabble and beat me seven out of ten games. You look so big every time I see baby," I kiss him all over this face and he blushes some more. "Look at my big boy."

He laughs at me, "come mom let's go inside aunt Anna and Aunt Jinette are inside with uncle Brian, uncle Dimitri, and dad, Grandma, and granddad are here too."

I haven't seen Jinette ever since Steph fifth birthday and she made it clear she didn't want anything to do with me. I don't know if she is still mad at me. Honestly, I don't blame her, I hurt our friendship.

I pick up my suitcase with one hand while Steph holds the other dragging me into the house. "Slow down boy no running in the house," before I can walk to the kitchen my mom and dad who Sean invited to the party walk through the front door.

"Grandma" Steph shouted letting go of my hand, running over to my parents hugging them both.

They have kept up with Steph, they have him over once or twice a month, at weekends to spend the day. Steph has a strong community around him. They support, encourage, and protect him by making him belong to one big family of love and security.

I smile, walking over to my parents. I miss them so much, I fly them over every year for Christmas with me whether I had Steph or not. Apart from our occasional face time chat I haven't seen them in person since December.

I hug the both of them kissing my mom, "you look good dad I miss you, I miss you too mom." As we were having our little moment, Sean came out to us "it's good to see you, Mr. and Mrs. Washington." He said shaking both of their hands. "Cindy how are you," he turns to face me.

"Fine thank you" I answer and smile at him, "how are you and your family." Before he responds Anna and Jinette walk into the living room. The air around us became tense, the tension in the atmosphere is so high you would think we are evil villains from a superhero movie. Sean will always have a special place in my heart but I'm no longer in love with him, that chapter has closed.

"Hello ladies," I said in an attempt to form conversation and ease the tension.

"Hello Cindy," said Anna but Jinette didn't say anything.

Brian walks through the door with a little girl, "Cindy" he said brightly. "How are you Brian?" he walks up to us hugging me as best he can with the little girl in his hand. "long time, I've read your column, good job didn't know you had it in you, keep it up." "Thank you, Brian," it means a lot to hear him say that and in front of my parents, it almost brought tears to my eyes.

"Who is this cutie you have here," I try to reach out for her, she wraps her arms around Brian's neck saying "no, no, no don't." The entire room erupted in laughter and chaste away some of the tension. "Trust me, she's like this with everyone even Jinette at times," said Brian. She's a daddy's girl." Said Steph.

"Meet Jade Ave Claudia Chestney." Said Brian. She buries her head in his neck and didn't look at anyone.

I laugh a little putting my arms around Steph, "Steph I have your presents in my suitcase and I brought some stuff for the girls and baby, hope that's ok," I said hesitantly to Anna.

"It's not time for presents Steph and it's ok Cindy you don't have to ask every time you brought something for the girls," said Anna.

"Thank you," I answer "What can I help with?" I ask as I walk towards Jinette and Anna.

My mom, dad, and Sean's parents decide to tell old stories to the children, while I help Jinette and Anna with the food.

All this time Jinette didn't say a word and it was making me a little anxious because I don't know how to approach the situation. I didn't want to start any heated arguments or anything so I let it go, I will talk to her before I leave the next day.

We work together quickly and effortlessly as we packed goodie bags for everyone and place all the treats and food out for the kids.

Subsequently, the children dance and enjoyed the spread of food laid out for them. I stayed until all the children went home, I assisted in cleaning and putting away all the decorations.

I see my parents off before I helped Steph to bed after he showered and open all his presents, he genuinely loves everything he received today especially the fish tank my dad gifted him.

I kissed him good night and walked out of his room closing the door behind me.  I walk downstairs Anna is at the foot of the stairs.

"Cindy thank you for coming and the stuff for the girl, we appreciate that very much."

"It's nothing Anna, I should be thanking you for letting me into your home and around your family."

"We have come a long way, it's ok." Said Anna.

"Did Jinette leave?"

"She left while you were upstairs with Steph."

"I was hoping to talk with her, anyway it's getting late I should get going, thanks again, Anna." I walk out of their home calling a taxi to take me home for the night.