Chapter 8

Katniss POV.

I rest my head in Peeta's chest, listening to his steady heart beat. It sooths me to hear it, a sine that he's still alive and well. Maybe not well, but he is here with me, kinda. Since his heart stopped during the Quarter Quell it's a blessing that I can still listen to his heartbeat. it is a blessing having him around.
Peeta is all I could ask for right now.
I turn around facing him. He is sound asleep, which inpresses me. How can he look peaceful with all the mess in his mind? Don't nightmares haunt him? They probably do, judging for the bags he had under his eyes this morning.
But now it looks like he has no worries in the world. His blond hair falls messily down his forehead, covering partly his eyes. I quietly play with a curl behind Peeta's ear, covering a burn that extensa to his neck, disappearing on his shirt. A burn cause by the fire I started, the same fire that hurt so mant people I cared about. The same fire that killed my dear Primrose.
When I think of her I feel myself dying a litle inside. my eyes start to get wet and silent tears run downy cheeks to Peeta's shirt.
Somehow, deep in his sleep, Peeta tighens his arm around me in a caring way, resting his shin in the top of my head, I snuggle my head in the crook of his neck, instantly feeling safer. the closer I am to Peeta, the safety I feel.
And with that I allow myself to to fall into a dreamless sleep.