Chapter 17

Peeta's POV.

I jolt awake from a nightmare.
I take in my surroundings. Katniss is soundly sleeping beside, Thank God.
But just to make sure I pull her closer to me to listen to her heart beat. Yes, She's still with me.

I sight in relief. It was just a nightmare, She's still next to me.

After my nightmare I don't think I'll be able to sleep any longer, so I decide to go paint a little.

I cautiosly slide out of bed, trying my best not to wake Katniss, which will be hard with my clumsy heavy steps and Katniss's extremily accurate hunger skills.

And sure enough, as soon as my hand touched the door knob, Katniss is awake.

"Peeta?" She asks sleepily, as if she hadn't waken up entirely.

"Yeah, it's just me. Don't worry, go back to sleep." I whisper to her, walking towards her and rwaching out for her cheek, stronking it lightly.

"Where are you going ?" She asks taking my hand in her small one.

"I had a nightmare, I'm going to paint a little." I whisper to her, drawing circules with my thumb in her hand.

"Are you alright?" She asks.

I chuckle. She us alwaysso protective over the ones she cared about. "I'm fine." I say kissing her lips lightly. "Go back to sleep, okay?"

"Okay." she answers. "I love you." she says. It's weird that, although Katnissalready told me this around a million times, I still feel as if it's the first time she told me those words. And I fall in love with her all over again.

"I love you too." I whisper. With that I give her one last kiss and go out the door.

I head to my paint room, that Katniss herself prepared for me when I moved in. I didn't change a single thing. Eveything is left the way Katniss put it, and that somehow makes her feel proud if herself. I see why, she should feel proud of herself, with all the things she ever done.

I pick up a blank canvas and paint for a while. Soonthe sun is rising. Since it's summer already the sun rises earlier than before, but I decide to go and prepare the breakfast anyway.

When I getting the kitchen Katniss is already there, setting the table.

"Good morning!" I say. Katniss looks up and allows a small smile cross her lips.

"Hi! I didn't know you would come down so early. I was going to make you breakfast as a surprise, but I guess you blew it." She jokes.

I look at the table that Katniss just finished setting. Apperently Katniss decided to use the good plates this time. She barely never used them, They're her favorites. She says They're only for special ocasions. She also set some brigthyellow flowers in the table.
I smile.

"Dandelions?" I ask.

Katniss looks down and smiles wider. "i thought we could have a pretty table, for a change."

I smile wider and go to her. I rest my hands on her cheeks and make her look at me. A grin appears on my face and Katniss gives me a delicate smile. I kiss her nose making her smirk.

"It's perfect. " I whisper to her, referring to the table.

"I thought we could have something special today, it is the first day of summer." Katniss says, and with that she connects our lips together.

"Let's go have breakfast." I say.

"Yes, just a second." Katniss says. She goes to the fridge and takes a jar of orange Juice and some cheese, while I sit in the table. Katnisa comes and sits in front of me, taking a cheese bun from the basket with bread in it.
I take a piece of bread and put cheese in it.