Prologue: You Just Made An Enemy Out Of A Demon...

(A/n: Hey, Stardust here! Just wanted to say, thank you Royal-of-the-Loyal for inspiring me to make a Demon Slayer story, for helping me with the planning, forms, etc! Definitely check out his stories! They're so good! Also thanks Royal, I can't get the op 1 out of my head for at least a month. Note: Not everything in this story will follow up/ or be the same as Inuyasha so don't expect everything from there to be in here. With that out of the way, let's begin!)
—————————————————-

Life...if I had to say anything about it... it's would have to be unknown. The twists and turns it holds, death doesn't discriminate....

"How did this happen?" Tanjiro is seen carrying Nezuko, but she was bleeding. A man with black hair was following behind him. This was you, but at the moment... you didn't feel like it.

"Nezuko... You're gonna be okay!" You shouted and held your sword, the Tessaiga. "I'll find a way... I'll find a way to save you."

Between the sinners and the saints.

"Your big brother will save you! Open your eyes, Nezuko! Look, Y/n's right here, your best friend is with you! So please, don't die on us!" You looked at Tanjiro, to muttering the same thing over and over again. You wanted so badly to tell him everything's gonna be fine. But you would be lying to him and yourself. And you, were above that. "We'll definitely save you! Nezuko...Nezuko....!"

"Tanjiro... make sure you stay behind me..." You said as you took another step in front of Tanjiro, making foot prints in the snow. Your face spelled guilt and was written all over. Your heart was sinking every time you looked at Nezuko...Everytime you remember what happened. "Nezuko...Tanjiro...I'm sorry. If only... If only I was a bit sooner..."
———————-
"Tanjiro! Y/n!" You and Tanjiro looked up to see Tanjiro's mother calling to you two. "Your faces are pitch black, come here."

You just smiled at her.

"No, I'm okay." You said and wiped the soot off on your red robe, I bet if your grandma saw this now she'd have a few words for you. "See, it's all gone."

Tanjiro looked at his own before raising his arm. His mother gave him a stone look. "Don't even think about it, Young Man."

She pulled him closer as she smiled. "You both don't have to go. Y/n came over to visit. Plus, It's snowing and it's dangerous."

"We want us to have a great New Year's feast, so we'll go seek as much charcoal as we can." Tanjiro said and you nodded.

"Even if it's just a little, a little goes a long ways." You said as his mother smiles once more.