stargazing

I don't know what to do. When the tears have dried up. Yet you can still see them lining your eyes, your cheeks, your lips.

I can still remember how you would trace the lines on my face, the sweet caress of your breathe and how it made me float. And I ache without you, the air that once filled my lungs is sour and I can't breath. My limbs are weak and my stares are idle. I can't even gain comfort from my own hollow laughter.

It's easy to make mistakes like this. Think that they won't disappear eventually. The moon and the sun - so close to touching but never meet. Another star in Orion's belt, with the complicated name I would always forget. I want to make you move me but it's never that easy.

Pretending is easy. Pretending to smile, to laugh. Pretending to eat, or want to eat. Pretending to sleep at all. When you are all I think about. Painting my cheeks with turbulent lies that I miss too much.

Immobile without your presence, I turn to the stars. A fickle ball of light, tiny yet so beautiful. Oh god just let. Me. Sleep. And I do. For the first time in forever. But I don't float away like I used to, and somehow I like it.

a.n: sorry i have been so inactive recently but thank u sm for 2k and i love seeing comments which encourage me to keep writing :))