the rain

I hate it when you lie. When you let me slip back into your arms, as though we could simply fall though the cracks in the wooden floorboards. I hate it when you make me feel good. Pretending as though you didn't make me cry. Sob. The day before. As though your empty promises could silence my red stained eyes. I hate it when we laugh. As though that one moment could be the rest of our lives. Encased in warmth. Light. I hate it that you made me pancakes that morning it snowed. That I smiled as you split flour all over the counter. That we ate. As though one meal could justify our broken reality for just one more day. Could cease our yearning for another. I hate it when you buy me flowers. We have no vase. They just die. Crippled. Their thirst left unquenched as they lay there, lifeless, on the countertop. But most of all, I hate it when you leave. And I am left alone with my thoughts. Wanting slit my wrists just to feel something again. You just pack up and leave. As though it has all been a dream. But perhaps it had been. It would be easier that way. But then who would be left to blame? For all the hurt. The heavy weight sitting on my chest. My legs. My body.

It was raining yet you still left. It was raining yet you still chose to stand out side, in the pouring rain, letting those shoes you love so much weep as you wait for a taxi. You would rather drown. Than stay with me. Than let me slip into your arms again. Letting us fall through the cracks in the floorboards. Pretending as though we are still in love. And the only rain you feel is on my face. Because I hate you. I fucking hate you.

You were my dream. My desire. My passion. But when I wake you are gone. It's just me. My thoughts. And the rain.