staring out the window, missing the person from your dreams

Forgotten glances and blush whicker baskets. All I want is your love. Your touch. Warm breath on a snow kissed morning. You make me feel like i'm floating. The nails that once pinned me; blowing wheat in a field of barley. The crown of thorns bloodied, but tossed aside. My white sheets stained scarlet with contempt. The moon hangs high beneath the windowsill. Draped between the clouds and the sea. Calling softly, the sound seashells make when you press them to your ear. Dappled light peels into my room. The bedsheets enhanced by a lunar glow. But I have never felt more alone. The stars taunt me. Mock me in their bed of calm. Burning slowly as a fallen oak. Somber yet so wise in its demise. Take me with you I silently whisper. My longing cries engulfed by the shadowy glow lining my bedroom floor.

And then it's black.

The light trickles through the cracks in the floorboards, seeping through the door frame like dripping sap. Sticky on soft fingertips. The light stolen by reality. Quick to take never to give. Hands wide open, but quickly shut. Pick me up. Pluck me: ripe, bursting. Hand of God deliver me. And all I smell is calm. Sweet apples on rainy days. Marigolds frail until winter.  All I want is your love. Your touch. A hand to hold, to poke through the undergrowth. So pin me down before I float away  - because I don't want to leave. Clawing to the life I never had.

So I depart, scorned by the moon and her stars. Another washed up outcast on shingle stained banks. And as I crawl towards my bedroom, I look up, to my window. Pretending I had been there before.