One Year Ago (OP)(Bayverse) (NSFW)

Start from the beginning

Speaking of the mech, it was about eight at night and he wasn't here yet —which proved my theory correct.

I hummed, writing a couple of flavors of cupcake down on my notepad. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't hear the front door open or the heavy steps of my love approaching. I suddenly felt arms wrap around me, large hands flattening against my stomach. I yelped, jumping and whirling around only to see Optimus raise his hands in defense while I clutched at my chest. "Don't do that! What if I had smacked you huh?" I huffed, gulping down air.

"I apologize, love, I thought you heard me approach." Optimus frowned, deep blue eyes filled with remorse. I huffed, relaxing as he took a half step forward and hugged me. I snaked my arms around him, resting my head on his chest as I felt him press a kiss to my hair. "What has you so deep in thought?" He rumbled softly.

I sighed, tilting my head up so my chin was somewhat against his chest while I smiled up at him. He blinked down at me, a smile threatening his lips. "In just a couple short days, it will make a whole year that we've been together." My smile grew, Optimus taking a moment to process it before his arms tightened around me. I pressed my cheek against his chest again as one of his large hands came up to the side of my head, feeling him bury his face into my hair.

"I may have only met you a couple of short years ago, but I feel like I have known you my whole onlining, and I do not wish to remember a time without you in it." He mumbled softly and tears pricked my eyes.

"You're supposed to save the sappiness for our anniversary." I sniffled, hearing him chuckle softly in return as he let me step back. I pushed myself to my toes, pecking his lips while I slid my hands into his soft hair.

He shook his head at me, the smile finally taking full form on his lips while his hands gently stroked my sides. We stared into each other's eyes until his head jerked up, eyes scanning the kitchen in alarm before landing on the pot of water. "I believe you may wish to make use of what water is left in the pot." He mused, said pot boiling furiously.

"Ah fuck!" I cursed, stepping out of his arms to put the pasta in the water. I turned the water down a little before turning the burner on for the frying pan.

I heard my boyfriend chuckle as he leaned against the island where I had been, glancing back to see him looking over my notes. "Red Velvet with coconut cream cheese frosting, chocolate with lavender icing, vanilla with lemon frosting- love how many cupcakes are we making?" He perked a brow and I giggled, turning back to my pan that I just buttered and placed the salmon in.

"Well, honey bear, when I bake I normally send some off to my parents. Besides, I like variety. I was thinking eight of each. But I was just compiling mixes to see what ones you liked best. I want three different cupcakes though." I explained, smiling at the fact he implied the both of us would be baking together. I smiled more when I felt familiar arms wrap around me again, Optimus laying his chin on my shoulder as we started to sway slightly. He hummed, gently kissing up my neck to my cheek while he exhaled softly. "Long day?" I glanced at him, seeing the fatigue start to enter his gaze as his eyes dulled.

He hummed, nodding before standing to check the pasta and drain it. He kept some of the water, setting it on the burner before grabbing the Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and butter to toss in with it. "The away team returned today from their mission and we had to debrief them before I had to follow up with General Morshower and Director Galloway and— Sweetspark it was a lot." He sighed and I frowned, checking the salmon before taking it off the heat so that I could hug him.

"Hey, you don't have to talk about it ok? I'm just glad to have you home." I soothed, sighing. I felt so bad for him.

"As am I, to be home with you." He replied softly, exhaling softly as I slipped my fingers between two buttons on his shirt to gently caress and scratch at the skin of his abdomen and muscled build. I heard him purr softly, moving a hand to gratefully rub my arm before finishing the pasta off. "After dinner, I will look through what you have put together so that we know what we are baking." He hummed and I nodded, kissing between his shoulder blades before I backed away.