Chapter 9: New Encounter

Start from the beginning

Right in that area was a snake; its head was facing your belly button as the rest of its body was curled up into the letter S, the tail stopping right above your crotch. Ink and Sans, being the closest to you, flushed brightly. Everybody else's reactions were pretty much the same as theirs, or they were purely intrigued.

"that's actually, like, so hot," Red muttered shamelessly, while Dance, who was beside him, rolled his eyes at the comment.

You just laughed at the compliment. "Thanks! I actually have another one at the back, but I'd actually have to take my shirt off for that."

Red whistled. "i mean, if the offer's open—mhph!" Before he could finish his sentence, Dance shut him up by covering his whole face with his hand.

"you're gross," Dust muttered with distaste toward Red.

"Hah, you wish." You laughed as you sat back down. Before you guys could proceed further into the game, footsteps were suddenly heard running up the rooftop, and Percy appeared with an urgent look on his face.

"Hey, so, remember when I agreed to help you guys get back home?" Everyone's attention turned to him as he leaned against the wall to catch his breath. He looked like he had seen a ghost. "Apparently, the place I was supposed to be doing that got trashed really badly. A friend of mine who went there to double-check our equipment found the place in shambles. The supplies, tools, materials, everything."

"What?" Your back straightened up. "That's weird. Did the security footage catch anything on camera?"

Percy shook his head. "They were either broken or so full of static that it was nearly impossible to identify what was on camera."

You bit your lip anxiously. Wasn't that place full of cameras? In what world did they manage to break into that place undetected and cause massive property damage? Surely not a normal person, that's for sure. There's no way it could be an animal or a human. It could've been . . .

Your eyes glanced up towards the skeletons, who were all looking at you with concern.

. . . You could be wrong. Unless?

"I'm guessing you're going to be gone for a few days to stay there and do repairs?" You were still worried as his sister, but you knew for a fact that Percy was as capable of fighting as you were, despite him being a nerd who likes to hide himself inside his room. "What if it's still not safe there yet? The culprit could still be in there."

He gave you a small, reassuring smile. "I'll be fine! I'll bring a couple of my old college friends to accompany me as well. I won't tell them anything about these guys, don't worry."

While both of you were having a discussion, all the skeletons had the same dark thoughts floating at the back of their skulls. You stood up and stretched your arms and legs. "I'll get the car and drive you there. Blue, you're in charge while I'm gone."

"ME?" Blue let out a gasp. "that's—I MEAN, OF COURSE!" YOU CAN COUNT ON ME (Y/N)!"

"Thanks; I'm glad I can count on you." You smiled, putting your jacket on smoothly. "I'll be back soon; I know for sure Percy doesn't want me to hang out in that place for too long."

"I'm just worried, okay?" He huffed as he went ahead and left the rooftop. You gave the skeletons one last wave before going after your brother.

The now cheery atmosphere turned heavy as an uncomfortable silence settled in between the skeletons. "what do we do now? are we still able to go home?"

Lust placed a hand on his shoulder for comfort. "i'm sure the both of them could fix this. are you guys thinking the same thing?"

Dance shifted in his seat uncomfortably. "unfortunately."