(RQ. 22) [4] Lando Norris

Requested by freyamaximoffs I hope you like it x
(There's a board on my Pinterest if you want to have a look! [The link is in my profile])

Even though I really love horses and especially show jumping, I unfortunately have far too little knowledge about it. So please excuse any logical mistakes.

Y/H/N = Your horse's name

(Flo is Lando's sister) (Don't get confused, his Mom and sister are both called Cisca.) 

"My family thinks we're dating

"My family thinks we're dating." 

You and Flo had been riding together for ages now. You had started small and moved up to higher and higher classes of show jumping together. She was your best friend, and you were out together with the horses almost every day.

You often visited her and her parents. Cisca and Adam knew you nearly as well as your own parents did, and it was always nice to see them again. You also knew Flo's siblings for as long as you knew her. And among them was Lando.

You had met him at one of his races to which Cisca, Flo and her sister had invited you. You got along with each other from the very beginning and even if the others were incredibly familiar with you, Lando was definitely your favourite of Flo's siblings.

On weekends when Lando had time off and didn't have to travel to a race, he sometimes came to the stable. Lando would often just stand at the gate while you rode the parcour, and he would wait for you to finish, so he could accompany you back to the stables.

When he had time, Lando came to Flo's and your competitions with the others. But especially lately, he had been at almost every one of your show jumping competitions.

You and Lando are texting whenever one of you got a competition or a race. To wish the other good luck and to chat about it afterwards. That had also been the case when he got his P3 in Austria last year and sometimes even just because you wanted to talk to him and vice versa.

Today you and Flo had one of the competitions coming up.
Her parents and siblings watched you jump the parcour and even make it into the top 10.

When you had left the arena, Lando ran to you, and you quickly got off your horse. You squealed with joy and fell into his open arms. Excitedly, you wiggled on the spot as he hugged you tightly, a grin of joy on his face the whole time.

"That was so good, Y/N/N!" Lando beamed at you. "Cheers." you imitated him laughing, and he gave you a light slap on the shoulder.

His parents congratulated you and warmly smiled at you, then Cisca laughed and gave you a high five.
It was Flo's turn now, and you watched in anticipation. She did it perfectly, so she had a correspondingly high ranking. Lando didn't leave your side the whole time.

After the tournament you went straight back home.
The next day Lando had another day off and came to visit you again in the stable. He knew that Flo was not there today because she had an appointment.

"Hey." he leaned against the box and grinned at you. "Oh, hey.".
You hadn't expected to see him today but were even more pleased that Lando had come. "What are you doing here?" you asked curiously, putting the grooming supplies back into the box. You closed the door and stroked your horse's neck once more.

"I wanted to talk to you." Lando shrugged his shoulders. He pulled on one arm of his hoodie and looked at the floor.
"Is everything alright?".
You furrowed your eyebrows and looked at him questioningly.

"My family thinks we're dating." he blurted out. Lando could have beaten about the bush, but he didn't want to be dramatic. He looked at you in anticipation.
"Oh." you replied surprised. You didn't know what to say to that.

If you thought of it, you probably would have guessed the same. There was something familiar about the way you were acting around each other and talking to the other.
And you didn't want to lie, when Lando had said that, it made your chest feel warm for a moment.

"Mom is the one who started it and everyone agreed with her." Lando laughed, yet you could hear some uncertainty in his voice.

"Would you find it bad?"

"What?" he tilted his head questioningly.

"If we were dating.".

It took all your courage to ask him that, but you wanted to know. Your sentence was no more than a whisper, and you looked at him uncertainly.

A smile formed on Lando's lips, and he looked into your eyes. His smile slowly turned into a grin as he answered you.

"Do you want my completely honest answer?" he asked with a grin, unnoticeably moving a little closer.
"Of course.".

Lando took another step forward and when he answered you, your faces were only inches apart.
"I would actually love it.".

His lips were still twisted into a smile as you looked at him in disbelief. His eyes moved from your eyes to your lips and back again. You lightly began to smile, "Well then, they can say that.".

"They can." Lando whispered, closing the gap between your lips.

His lips were soft and his hands on your lower back pressed you closer to him. Your lips played with each other while the smell of horses and hay mixed with Lando's scent. You smiled into the kiss and wrapped your arms around his neck.

Y/H/N nudged your shoulder with his nose. Lando's lips were still on yours, and you were far too busy with him to notice. When you broke away, Lando looked at you with a dreamy smile.

"I always hoped that this would happen one day." he grinned, and you smiled at him. Lando couldn't resist and leaned towards you once more, to place his lips on yours a second time.