Chapter 38

Nandini turned the page to a blank one and gave a stiff smile to Navya.

"That's it?",Navya asked feeling like the story was incomplete.

"You sure you told me everything. There must be something you missed. How can it be the end.",She asked confused and frustrated.

"It is.",Nandini said looking at the blank pages.

"He's a coward. Fucking Bastard. How can he toy with your feelings just like that. I am gonna kill him if I ever see him.",Navya said glaring hard at the album.

Nandini shut it down and turned to her.

" It's fine. I hope I don't see him ever .",Nandini said as she thought about his friend request.

" Did he try to contact you in this 5 years? ",Navya asked her concerned.

" He did. I think so he was the one. It was a friend request on the social media account. ",Nandini confessed her.

" When was it? ",Navya asked already having an idea.

" When I had the nightmare at the beach getaway. ",Nandini said not wanting to recall it.

" He was the reason why you were behaving weird the next day. Is he also the reason you shut down your social media accounts? ",Navya asked suspicious.

" I don't want him to find me or talk to me. ",Nandini admitted and Navya nodded patting her hand.

" You know Manik thinks it's because of him. ",Navya said changing the topic and Nandini appreciated it.

" What? Why? ",She asked confused.

"It was about 2 weeks back I think. He rarely uses his social media specially after that incident. I guess he was using it that day and came across the picture Ishaan posted of you guys and read through the comments. He tried finding you but it was deactivated. He also read the comments on his posts and was literally pissed thinking it was his fault.",Navya explained her.

"It wasn't. I hope you talked sense into him.",Nandini asked her.

"I knew the addicted excuse was a lie and when Manik told me about trolls I believed him. He was more annoyed about the fact Ishaan knew about the trolls and he didn't. He was jealous trust me. ",Navya teased Nandini who blushed a little.

" You are being delusional. He just cared as a friend. ",Nandini said her brushing it off.

" If you know what he did next you wouldn't say so. ",Navya said and Nandini looked at her curious.

" He literally posted a note from his account asking people to mind their own business if you ask in a subtle way. His PR team weren't happy but he didn't care. I can't believe you didn't hear about it till now. He also reported every single account that had written bad about you. Every single one.",Navya said impressed and Nandini was surprised hearing her. She felt happy to have someone stand up for her and protect her without her knowing.

"I don't know what to say.",Nandini said still shocked by his actions.

"Just give that guy a chance. We told you we will help you set up with him. Even Cabir is okay with it now and Mukti is ready to help out. You like him. We are pretty sure he likes you back. Me and Mukti will help you guys get together. You guys look so good. ",Navya said and Nandini blushed thinking whether to confess the truth or not about their relationship but it wasn't just her secret and she should wait for Manik too to be ready.

" Okay",Nandini said playing along with her and she grabbed her in a hug.

Today Nandini was spending time with Mukti. She had woke late after spending late night talking to Navya making plans to make Manik fall for her and confess.