Just at that precise moment, my stomach growled and Caleb looked shocked and said, "Oh shit, I didn't realize the time Would you like to have french toast? I cook delicious French toast I swear doll and then we can each ask each other questions and I'll answer whatever you wanna know. Or maybe you could have me for breakfast instead", he added as an afterthought joking and pulled my hand along my wrist but I immediately flinched from his touch because the scars were still there.

 I muttered a quick sorry and followed him into the dining room. It was a modern-looking kitchen full of gleaming white cabinets, two islands, and many complex machines I probably didn't know how to work.

 After I was done checking out the kitchen, I sat down on a stool and Caleb started making the French toast and it smelled yummy no joke. While cooking he wore a light pink apron and he looked adorable and was everything else a girl could ever wish for but my mind was still reeling from the past couple of weeks but I pushed it all back and focused on the present. I had eaten the most that day than I had eaten in weeks.

 After we finished eating our toasts with maple syrup, strawberries, blueberries, jam, and a whole lot more stuff, Caleb finally spoke and said, "So we can start our little game off slow. What's your favorite animal?".

 "It may be surprising but I love penguins because they are so cute and small and everything else plus they sleep really adorably while standing at times," I answered while letting out a weird giggle. 

It wasn't my giggle because I know what my giggle sounded like. This giggle sounded like the one girls had while talking to their crush. I immediately stopped giggling and looked up at Caleb's amused expression. "How do you own this house? Did you buy it yourself or what?" I asked. I was genuinely confused because the house looked really big and expensive and cost at least half a million dollars, not that I knew real estate. Did he rob a bank or something?

 "Well, I created a digital cryptocurrency as a joke two years ago and named it Kurt. It was based on the commodity oil so as soon as oil prices rose, Kurt's value increased and I became a multi-millionaire and I started getting more and more investments in. I promise I didn't rob a bank or something illegal doll." he answered.

 It was almost like he read my mind about the question of robbing a bank. So he was insanely attractive, charming, funny, AND smart as well?? I wondered how this guy was single. Oh wait, was he single? I didn't even know that. The thought almost seemingly made me feel a weird thing but I dismissed it almost immediately.

" That's interesting and all but that doesn't make sense as to why you joined our public school," I asked him. "One question at a time darling. It's my turn now. Why did you do it Athena?" he said. I didn't want to look up and see the pity on his face but I still brought my face up and what shocked me was that instead of his eyes being filled with hurt, his eyes were filled with compassion and they almost seemed sad. A defining silence followed the question and my gaze dropped and I sat up sharper.

I didn't trust him enough so I just gave a vague answer, "The pain got too much to handle. so I tried to end it but you saved me. Why  Caleb? Why did you save me?" I asked him. I am not worth saving, I thought silently. My eyes filled with tears and I blinked them away profusely. "Well, I didn't want to see you die because you are someone who deserves to be happy and enjoying life instead of killing yourself Athena. if you leave, you are letting the pain win. I am here for you now okay? You can stay here for as long as you want and if you need anything let me know please doll. I have more money than I know what to spend on and I would be happy to have you here" he stated. 

Being honest right now that was sweet of him but I was still wary of him letting me stay here for free like why would he but I didn't really have a place to stay and I didn't want to go back to that house so I said shyly, "Thank you Caleb and I am sorry for being a burden." He said, "No worries Athena. Also, I brought you some clothes for you and you can join the school anytime in the next week. "

 I kept on thanking him over and over again and started walking towards the room I came from but I turned back once before entering the door and muttered mostly to myself, "I am not a princess but you almost make me feel like one." and I thought he didn't hear it and entered the room which was supposedly my room now but little did I know he was sitting on the couch with a stupid grin on his face. 

I looked around the room, it was almost as big as the house I had been living in, and saw a bag sitting on the bed which I didn't see earlier. I wanted to get a job as soon as possible but my legs still felt weak and wobbly and I felt tired. I had got a job earlier, but my 'parents' took all the money I earned to spend on drugs and alcohol, so I stopped working altogether. I opened the bag which was sitting on the bed and was shocked at what I saw in front of my eyes.

A/N - Hey fellow readers! I hope you like my book so far and I wanna say a huge THANK YOU to every single of you guys who have read, voted and commented on my story. I really appreciate you and I hope you have a amazing day/night. What do you think Athena saw in the bag?

SHAWTY :)

xoxo