I sighed as I was a little disappointed by what I had found. I set his stuff beside me as I continued to take a closer look at his body, there were no other injuries on his body both meaning that this was indeed the fatal wound and that the Monokuma file was accurate, I guess we have no other options than to trust the Monokuma files from here on out if some of us don't want to put in the efforts to fully investigate. 

I picked back up Rantaro's Monopad and took a closer look at it. It was exactly the same model as mine and everyone else's. He doesn't have a card key on him to open the Monokuma door making him near impossible to be the mastermind. But then arises another question. Why was Rantaro here in the library of all places if he wasn't the mastermind? I looked away from Rantaro's body to think. Maybe Rantaro came to the library to back up what he said at the dining hall earlier today. 

"It's not about outfoxing everyone in this killing game, it's about ending the game itself. That's the real goal." Rantaro said with an unnerving smile...

Ending the game itself... I guess Rantaro could've found out about the hidden door like Shuichi, Kaede, and I. Knowing Rantaro a little he seemed like someone to think about all possibilities, he could've assumed that the mastermind would be here before time ran out like Kaede and Shuichi, and just like Shuichi and Kaede he simply couldn't risk telling anyone about his plan, he was probably suspicious of everyone. I guess that's something different between me and Rantaro, with a few complements here and there I can find myself trusting some of the worst people whilst he kept his guard up till the very end.

A/N: Update about the trying not to get suspended thing, I might be getting suspended tomorrow for getting into a fight, I'll update you guys later.

I walked around the library occasionally dusting some dust off the bookshelves till I looked up at a metal vent right on top of a bookshelf, I didn't notice that before, how odd. The vent doesn't look big enough for a person to enter or exit the library, so I guess that's one possibility that isn't all that possible in this sense. I sighed in exhaustion as nothing that I had found so far could add up to its own possible case. 

My eyes followed Shuichi as he walked up to the moving bookcase, he had opened it and chose to wait for a while, it was only a few seconds before the bookcase closed up by itself without Shuichi having to close it. So I guess the bookshelf just closes after a short period of time. That's...neat.

After searching the library one last time I chose that collecting alibies would prove to be helpful at this point in time. I walked aimlessly to the game room to see if anyone was in there. Once I opened the doors the first person I noticed was Maki of all people, I didn't expect that she would be here of all places. I hesitantly walked up to her. "H-Hey, Maki. Were you in the game room when Rantaro was killed?" I asked as I sweat dropped as she looked at me with a harsh glare. Or she might've just been scared, just in her own way. 

"...Am I a suspect?" Maki asked. "A-Ah, no. I'm sorry if it came across that wa-" "You should suspect me. In fact, you should be suspicious of everyone." Maki interrupted. I guess she was right, it's not like I wasn't suspicious of everyone, to begin with. "Someone got killed right after we all gathered here. The timing is too perfect. Then again, with the time limit so close to expiring, maybe that's why it happened. So trust no one, Y/N. Or you'll lose, got it?" Maki said with an all too blank face. I can never read Maki, she's always keeping up a brilliant poker face, one that not even the masters of manipulation could break through.

"...Wh-Why were you in the game room in the first place, Maki?" I asked. "It was Kaito's idea. He suddenly wanted to hold a strategy meeting and gathered us all together. He said we should confront Monokuma once the time limit expires. And he picked the seven people he thought he would be useful in a fight." Maki answered. "And by seven people who exactly do you mean?" I asked, maybe it would have been a better idea if I searched the academy instead of hanging out with Korekiyo, since when did I become so trusting? "Seven people...they were Kaito, Gonta, Angie, Tenko, Himiko, Rantaro, and I." Maki said. 

"U-Um, I don't think all those seven people would be useful in a fight, though..." I trailed off. "Kaito thought Himiko's magic and Angie's connection to Atua would be useful." Maki said as her eyes trailed around the room. "What about you, Maki? Why did he also pick the Ultimate Child Caregiver?" I asked. "...He just looked at me and said, 'Yeah, you probably know how to fight.' Maki answered. Of course, that does sound like something Kaito would say. He should just stay with what he's good at. "Um...why did the strategy meeting take place in the game room?" I asked. 

"...Beats me. Maybe Kaito figured it would be harder for Monokuma to find us here." Maki said. "Was, um. Rantaro doing at the time? Was he with the strategy meeting with you?" I asked.

"He was...at first. But then he excused himself to go to the bathroom and left on his own. Kaito and Tenko went looking for him so we could finish the meeting before time expired." Maki said. "Then, did the four of you just wait in the game room the whole time?" I asked. "Angie, Himiko, and I were the only ones who stayed behind. Gonta never joined us." Maki said, that statement made me perk up slightly. 

"G-Gonta wasn't with everyone?" I questioned. "Gonta did arrive, but then he left and locked himself in the A/V room in the back." Maki admitted. I stayed silent as I let my thoughts take control, Gonta doesn't seem like the kind of person that would kill, but to be fair Rantaro didn't seem like the kind of person that would die quickly either. I shouldn't judge Gonta's actions by his somewhat sweet and wholesome personality, a sweet and wholesome person doesn't usually make the most wholesome decisions half the time, I would know of course.

"Suspicious behavior, isn't it? The other two felt the same way." Maki admitted. "A-And by other two, who do you mean specifically?" I asked. "Why don't you go to the A/V room? They're probably still there." Maki said. I sighed as the pressure of this investigation pressured itself onto my shoulders yet again. 

Come on, Y/N. You were never one to complain about the sudden pressures of work, so why now? I have to continue working and investigating, that's what I have to do, isn't it? Work, work and work until I feel my knees drop. No matter what.

Word Count: 2075