Unreal {Angst}

Momo stood under a tree painted with the warm colors of autumn. Her own hands were interlocked and her thumbs tapped against each other out of nervousness. A few minutes ago, Momo texted Jiro to meet up with her at the park to get something off her chest to feel at ease, but she just knew she wouldn't for a few days. She knew Jiro wouldn't either.

"Momo! What did you want to talk about?" Momo was zoned out and immediately snapped out of it when she heard the familiar, soft voice. She watched the short violet haired girl approach her- every step made Momo's heart race faster. Not in an intimate way. While staring straight into Jiro's eyes, she could see them trembling and feel how tense she was.

Jiro was nervous too.

"Oh, I just wanted to get something off my chest." Momo managed to refrain her voice from shaking. She was never this nervous before, in fact she was never nervous at all until now. She'd been Jiro's close friend for years until Jiro confessed to her. Momo did 'return' those feelings and now the two had been happily dating for at least half a year. Momo felt bad for keeping her secret in, but didn't know she'd feel worse for letting it out. She only realized how horrible she was after the 6 months.

"Proceed." Jiro was standing in front of the taller. She fiddled with her own fingers behind her back, occasionally fidgeting quite a lot; such as rubbing her neck, playing with her sleeve or even biting on her fingernails. Momo let a quiet sigh out and slid her hands into her pockets.

"Okay, look Jiro. Ever since we started- dating I actually.." Momo hesitated. She saw Jiro surprisingly calm and collected and she only wished she was like that as well.

"I actually never had feelings for you. I only said yes because I wanted you to be happy."

At that moment, Jiro lost herself. She froze as the autumn leaves on the ground flew in the breeze that hit her harshly. Her lip was quivering and tears threatened to fall- her whole body was shaking. Too shocked, Jiro couldn't blink. But it all made sense now. All the awkward smiles Momo gave after Jiro's loving kisses and the uncomfortable squirms from Momo after Jiro's affectionate touch. Jiro had to be honest though, she thought the relationship didn't feel real. Throughout the months it started to feel like Momo didn't actually like her back and she was right. All Jiro could let out was a few words and a sigh with a hint of shaking in it- Momo noticed it.

"Don't you think being honest with me would've made me happier.? Half a year Momo.. Half a year, you faked it all.?" Jiro managed to choke the words out.

Momo opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. As Jiro waited for her to say something, Momo didn't know what to do. Eventually, Jiro spoke first.

"You can keep what you have to say to yourself.. I'll be leaving." Jiro didn't bother waving or even bidding a goodbye. She felt toyed with and betrayed. Jiro bit her lip to prevent her tears from trickling down her face as she walked away.

Momo desperately wanted to apologize to Jiro days after the meet, but Jiro never wanted to talk to her again.

It was the first lie Momo made to Jiro.
And it was the last time the two talked.

//.*;•°

happy pride month !! 🏳️‍🌈