Chapter 5

a failure

I like to think that this week will be just one of the ordinary. Where going to school won't cost you to run into blonde expensive humans. Where I'll walk the streets without mistaking big time people as homeless beggars. And I hate to think that two of these days of the week is when I would meet the guy I dangerously met a few days ago who turns out to be my 'work in discipline' tutor.

Fifty-fifty kung ituring 'normal' ang buhay ko ngayon dito. Masasabi mo na mas masaya, pero hindi. Mas maayos, pero hindi. It takes some heavy brainstorming to explain how 'different' my life is right now. Every morning gives you a situation you never saw coming, people you never knew existed, voices you never heard speaking, problems you never realized growing,

"When did you start dancing?"

...and questions you never expected to be asked.

Today, just like any other day, started with 'unexpectations'.  With a man on his recliner a few inches from where I am standing, he opened his student's folder and looked at me earnestly. "Ms. Lacuesta?" Panimula niya.  "I'm sorry for calling you this early but may I ask, since when did you learn ballet?"

I smiled. "To be honest, I haven't entered ballet classes before. But I was taught by my mother when I was in grade school." Sagot ko.

Tinignan niyang muli ang nakasulat sa folder. "It's not written in here." Aniya.

"I guess they just missed that one." Pagsisinungaling ko.

How would they miss something they didn't know of? Walang tao ang may alam sa hilig ko sa pagsasayaw maliban kay Mama. I remembered being scolded by my Lola when I came home past midnight because of the competition I joined. Si Mama lang ang umintindi, sumuporta, at nagmahal sa ambisiyon na mayroon ako. It's nice to hear now that my father wants to support me too.

Pero si Lola? I doubt it. I feel like she just have this certain hate for dancing.

"So you don't have any background from ballet schools before?" He asked. Pakiwari ko na kung bakit niya ito naitatanong ay dahil sa nangyari noong isang araw. I admit, I kind of blew it out back there. But this is why I want to enter a ballet school. To learn.

Tumango ako bilang pasang-ayon.  "It's all just me and my mother."

"And by your mother, you mean..." He trailed off. My lips parted as if I caught something painful. Nang maalala iyon, ay dahan-dahan akong tumango.

Your Lies Aren't Loudजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें